SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Old Model Ruger Blackhawk Parts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Model Ruger Blackhawk Parts Login/Join 
Picture of wheelman668
posted
Like the Topic says, I'm working on one for a friend. It needs a new hammer, and a few other parts that I've found so far, but it's hard to find the hammer. Anyone have any recommendations?
So far I've tried:

Numrich
Brownells
Schuldershots

Nobody else really pops up when I search. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

"In the end I made the choice and will not die ashamed"-FFDP

certified Glock armorer

Posts: 3096 | Location: ...the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell. | Registered: July 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Numrich has most of what you'll need, most of the time.

You might be surprised what you can find on ebay. A quick check revealed several. For example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger...1:g:3LwAAOSw05JbeZ1n

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wheelman668
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I thought gun parts on Ebay were verbotten. The one you listed is for a new model, they labeled it it wrong, but I found what I need iin the related searches bar off of that, so thanks again.

"In the end I made the choice and will not die ashamed"-FFDP

certified Glock armorer

Posts: 3096 | Location: ...the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell. | Registered: July 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought gun parts on Ebay were verbotten.

Not really. Amazon is the one that clamps down on gun parts, though they never seem to have a hissy fit with people selling counterfeits on their site. I've purchased all sorts of firearm parts on eBay throughout the years, including quite a few for SIGs.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Um, Ruger? They are guaranteed for life!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Try Jack First
https://jack-first-gun-parts.myshopify.com/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16251 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
For Ruger, Marc Morganti at Gemini Customs, he is one of best Ruger smiths. Keep in mind for any other parts you need.

Posts: 1576 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:

That is their unofficial policy. Officially, thee is no written warranty.

On the OM Blackhawks- be careful with Ruger.

I had a good/bad interaction with them on a OM Super Blackhawk.

I bought it from a consignment sale at my LGS. 2 months later, I took it to the range. It was spitting lead something fierce.

I called Ruger, and they sent a label to ship it in. so far, so good.

About 10 days later [I think- this was 2 years ago] they called with the bad news: they couldn't repair the pistol. Didn't have the parts any longer for the OM Super Blackhawk.

I don't remember what the part was.

SO [good news], they asked me to identify what type of brand new Super Blackhawk I wanted.

I gave them a blued 1971 OM Super Blackhawk with 7.5" barrel that could use a refinish, and was spitting lead.

I got a 5.5" SS NM Super Blackhawk that works like a champ.

The sad part- lost the OM Super Blackhawk.
The cool part- They made good to enable me to shoot a Super Blackhawk.

I went 5.5", as I already had a 7.5" Super Redhawk also.

So- yes, they have great customer service.

Yet, mailing them an OM SA revolver may result in not getting it back.

I did not buy the Super Blackhawk because it was an OM, but because it was a Super Blackhawk.

I am actually happier to have the NM due to the ability to carry with 6 in the chambers, vs 5 in chambers and hammer on empty for OM.

Yet, they don't feel/sound the same.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
eBay or WTB listings on either of the Ruger forums.

The only thing Ruger will do is convert it to the awful transfer bar conversion lockwork. Which I guess is better than a paper weight.

Posts: 21116 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:

They aren't going to have, or sell even if they did, a stock "old model" hammer or other fire control parts. These are all changed with the safety conversion.

Posts: 27979 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post