SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Ammo coming back here in KY, but prices still up there. 12/22 road trip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo coming back here in KY, but prices still up there. 12/22 road trip Login/Join 
Picture of redlickranch
posted
I went to one of the largest shops in KY yesterday (Bardstown) for a little road trip. Several calibers had pallets of each on the floor, but no 7mm-08 or 6.5 Creedmoor to be had.

What I did see was......

7.62x39 Barnaul $200 per 500 rds, Small Pistol primers $90 a brick Winchester brand, 12 GA Federal Dove loads $10 box, Winchester 420 rd tin M855 - $300, Remington UMC 9mm Brass $20 box of 50, 223 Rem Win white box 62 grain FMJ $24 a box, Federal 9mm brass $21, Remington bucket of bullets 1400 rds $97.34 bucket, 380 ball $31 a box blazer and UMC, 32 acp HP $30 a box.

I picked up some ballistic tip 308 Hornady Black for $26.39. Also got a box of 32 hp for my Beretta.

Good to see pallets of ammo again, but hoping prices will fall a bit more.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yes, that’s good to see, but there are still specific loads of ammunition that I prefer that continue to be unavailable.

As for prices, though, we can hope, but I will be very surprised if prices ever approach the levels of a few years ago. In addition to the fact that people are just happy to find ammo at any price and therefore there is little incentive to reduce prices very much, inflation which reduces the value of our money has never reversed itself in my lifetime. I believe the double whammy we gun owners have been hit with will be permanent at least to a significant degree.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
I unfortunately agree with sigfreund's assessment of future ammo prices, both near-term and long-term. I don't believe we will ever see ammo prices like they were during the Trump years. $200 for a 1000 rounds of quality brass-cased .223 or 9mm will never happen again. I think the "new normal" (I hate that term, but it applies in this context better than any other I've seen) for ammo prices will settle a bit less than they are right now. Maybe 20% less. We will have to accept that. I really hope I am wrong, because this gun hobby and lifestyle is less fun than it used to be.

Posts: 2332 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post