SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Can You ID This Ammunition?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can You ID This Ammunition? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I picked up my truck at the service shop today, and the mechanic showed me a box of ammunition (photo below) and asked me whether I knew what it is. No, I do not.

It is a box of 25 rounds. He has 19 boxes, 475 rounds total, and he would like to know what it is and what it's worth.

Can anybody here answer these questions?

It looks pretty close to standard 9mm FMJ, but I would like to confirm this if anybody knows for sure, and find out bullet weight and velocity -- standard? +P? Might be 124 gr NATO? If NATO, I might want them for my P7.

There is a red ring, maybe 1mm wide, around the the bullet at the mouth of the case, if that helps with the ID.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31370 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
All I know is that it's Finnish 9mm. VPT = Valtion Patruunatehdas (State Cartridge Factory)

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16871 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The red ring at the case mouth is a lacquer sealant to protect against moisture. You may see it around the primer too. Ruostuttamaton translates as rustproof or stainless. Probably means non-corrosive in this context. They may be Berdan primed and not reloadable.

Posts: 64 | Registered: July 11, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Revised steel jacked ammo. That’s all I could come up with.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Those cartridges utilize a Sinoxid primer. Sinoxid were an early lead styphonate (non corrosive) primer.

https://forum.cartridgecollect...rimer-and-when/29265

I bet those rounds fire normally even though they were probably loaded in 2/63.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post