SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Hornady 45 ACP TAP FPD 200Gr. +P. What's a good replacement?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady 45 ACP TAP FPD 200Gr. +P. What's a good replacement? Login/Join 
posted
I have one, maybe two boxes of this ammo, and on a recent trip to the range found out that this is amazingly accurate out of my 1911!!! I was disappointed to find that this is no longer made. I also checked the reloading manual to find that the bullets are not available either. I guess that the Critical Defense, and Critical Duty are the replacements for the 200 GR. +P. I see a 185 grain, but no 200 Grain, any thoughts?

Posts: 32 | Location: Greendale, WI | Registered: September 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Hornady loads a 200 grain XTP in both +p and standard pressure loadings. Probably about as close as it gets to copying the TAP load.

Posts: 3218 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post