SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Super Vel needs primers.

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super Vel needs primers. Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted
Super Vel is having trouble getting primers.
So super vel has a bring your primers offer going on. Basically you send them your primer order and get a reduced price on ammo.

I don't reload so I had no idea primers were hard to find.

https://supervelammunition.com/byop-program/

Posts: 1007 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
if ammo is hard to find then it is garrunateed that relaoding components are also in short supply

Posts: 7400 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I suspect that most of the primers are being purchased by the major ammunition manufacturers, and Super Vel probably doesn't qualify for major.
They have been virtually unobtainable for months.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
— Thomas Paine

Posts: 43994 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I asked at a gun shop a few days ago about primers. He said they have had a smaller supply trickle in the last two weeks, but they were snapped up immediately.

I take that as a sign, at least a few are in the pipeline.

Posts: 4841 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been getting email's every day about in stock items

Posts: 74 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdshank:
I've been getting email's every day about in stock items

From where?
What sources should we be monitoring?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.”
— Thomas Paine

Posts: 43994 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I saw 10,000 CCI small pistol primers on GB go for nearly $3,500.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post