SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    9mm FMJ for range practice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm FMJ for range practice Login/Join 
posted
Fiocchi, Sellior and Bellot, and Norma are out there calling to me. When I was reloading various handgun calibers, Norma brass and ammo seemed very consistent in weight of brass and nice ammo to shoot, though priced higher than first two offers
Desiire good quality FMJ 115gr OR 124gr so I can shoot for best groups at 25 yds. (Sig P938)
Would appreciate your two cents... thx

Posts: 58 | Location: north-central Florida | Registered: February 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought some Norma "Precision Range & Training 9mm 124gr" recently from Osage County Guns during a sale. Shot about 400 of the 1000 rounds so far. Pretty accurate in my P320 and G17- was sighting in the DPP/RMR's on them and was able to shoot nice tight groups and through the same hole quite frequently. Recommend it if you can get that round.(currently out of stock there)

Posts: 374 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Fiocchi, Sellior and Bellot have been fine for me..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2708 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
S&B - excellent

Fiocchi - excellent, although I prefer their red box ammo to their blue box

Norma - excellent if made in Switzerland, Sweden, or Hungary. I'd avoid the ammo made in USA, which has been spotty and prone to recall.

Posts: 3257 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you intend to reload, Norma has undersized flash holes which stick to the decapping pin. Fiocchi (GFL) brass has issues with the flash hole being off center which breaks the decapping pin and S&B is known to have crimped primer pockets.

If you're not concerned with reloading, carry on and buy any which pleases you. I do like Norma ammo as a whole though.

Posts: 275 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny that I found this post, I just put a box of that Norma that Alyron mentions through my Beretta 92X today and it was consistent but I wasn't LOL. I find 124gr more accurate than 115. I have fired Sellior and Bellot 124gr and it was good.
Ammo I don't like is the Winchester and Herter's 115gr that I bought from Cabelas.

Posts: 11 | Registered: February 01, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Never used any Norma but they have a good reputation.
Use lots of the other two and no problem or preference of either.
You have no problem with quality or accuracy, IMO and experience.

Posts: 23186 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
For quite a few years now, the Winchester Q4318 124 grain NATO has been my most used range/target/plinking ammo. Consistent quality, sealed primer and case mouth, and reliably functions any semi-auto pistol or carbine I've used it in. No stove pipes, no failure to eject, no failure to lock open on empty or any of that stuff.

NRA Life

Posts: 1576 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I buy whatever is least expensive. I have never been dissapointed.

Posts: 7096 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by F12517:
If you intend to reload, Norma has undersized flash holes which stick to the decapping pin. Fiocchi (GFL) brass has issues with the flash hole being off center which breaks the decapping pin and S&B is known to have crimped primer pockets.

If you're not concerned with reloading, carry on and buy any which pleases you. I do like Norma ammo as a whole though.

I have reloaded 9mm for many years using the brass from S&B, Fiocchi, and Norma and have yet ran into the issues you have had. You using older brass?

Posts: 4129 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post