SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Just for fun (no caliber wars) 9 mm
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just for fun (no caliber wars) 9 mm Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted
Just like the title says just for fun and not intended to start a caliber war

Question:
Which 9 mm size do you like and or dislike

Choices:
115 gr
124 gr
Other please specify
Whatever will go bang when I pull the trigger
Don’t like 9 mm

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
124gr is standard NATO, and shoots well for me when handloaded.

Posts: 13666 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
147 gn. Subsonic, please! Cool

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
147gr. Only shoot suppressed.

Posts: 336 | Location: SE. Florida | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
147gr b/c it's agency issue!

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:

H&K-Guy

Same here.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
125 grain. when loaded in to a 357.

hey it's still 9mm. Big Grin

Posts: 8143 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
147 grain Winchester RA9b. Better penetration. Especially from sub 4 inch barrels. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
147 gr. Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot, standard not +P, for max. penetration

Posts: 4005 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
147 grain for most applications.

135 grain Crit Duty +P for coyotes if I'm out with the dog.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 616 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I like the 115 plated for my hand loads as they work well and don't augment my other accuracy variables. This is entirely for range games BTW.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9847 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the 124gr the best. I think it has good weight for penetration, good speed to defeat barrier and reliably expand and light enough recoil for fast and accurate follow up shots.

Plus it's NATO standard weight, so most duty pistols shoot it well and to point of aim, point of impact.

ARman

Posts: 3140 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the time I shoot 115gr

Posts: 1175 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Be sure your pistol will handle the 147 gr.

I preferred the 147 gr. in my P226. When I bought the P7M8, I started having problems.

One day, I was reading the manual (I know, I know) and saw that the gun was designed for 124-125 gr and 147 gr was not recommended. End of problems!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
9BPLE 115gr +P+ still effective today. Cycles my Sigs without issue.

Posts: 2762 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I shoot A LOT of 9mm in various instructor courses as well as for practice. 115 gr works well in all my 9mm Sigs and at the end of the year saves me a lot of money versus larger bullet weights. For defense ammo it's Hornady 135gr Critical Duty Flex Lock

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4357 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
I prefer the 147gr variety.

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speer 124+p gold dots.

Posts: 3577 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:

H&K-Guy

Ditto.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post