SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Spectacular galaxy with (black?) hole in the middle (actually lead swirls on target)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spectacular galaxy with (black?) hole in the middle (actually lead swirls on target) Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
I have posted pictures like this before, but this is the best example I have seen to date.
Ammunition was made by CCI/Speer and in a plain white box labeled “9MM LUGER 115GR FMJ TRAINING AMMUNITION” and fired from 3-4 feet.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Looks like modern art.

Posts: 5606 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen this happen with pistol and rifle ammunition.

The explanation I was given is that the lead breaks up or vaporizes once the cartridge is fired and it leaves those particular marks on the target. Basically the lead particulates trail the projectile all the way up to impact.

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davidjinks:
Basically the lead particulates trail the projectile all the way up to impact.

Yes, that's it.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post