SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    What is your favorite 9MM match ammo?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your favorite 9MM match ammo? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
Consistent function and smallest groups?

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
One of the gun mags had a test of 9mm match this month. I will have to look and see what one.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
In no specific order Black Hills, Atlanta Arms, and ASYM.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My carry ammunition, 124+P HST or Gold Dot.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
The article is in the September Shooting Times. The top to bottom was AYSM 115, Atlanta Arms (3 different bullets), Nosler 115, Nosler 124, Oath and AYSM 147. In non-match the Browning 147, Winchester USA 115 jhp, and American Eagle 147 was as good or better than the match.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
The most consistent 9mm ammo for target Shooting I know are: 124gr FMJ Geco and 124gr FMJ Magtech.
I'm shooting Geco. On paper it does not perform as well as Magtech but it's cheaper and does not have any disadvantage when the pistol is shot off hand.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Hello RichardC, I've shot a quite a variety of factory ammunition in some very accurate pistols. I can't say I have seen any significant difference in reliable function and smallest groups when using quality ammunition, whether labeled "Match" or not. I have seen small differences in how precisely a particular pistol groups with a particular ammunition. Recently, I was shooting some Federal XM9001 115 JHP. This ammunition is not labeled match, but groups at 25 yards were as good as any factory ammunition I can recall using.

Wish I had a better answer for you, but I've had such good performance from different types of 9MM factory ammo, that I don't have any one favorite.

FWIW, in hand loaded 9MM, the best groups I ever achieved were with ammunition loaded with the Sierra 115 JHC/JHP bullets......ymmv

NRA Life

Posts: 1563 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9mm Match ammo.

IS there such a thing?

Posts: 30 | Registered: July 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It isn't intended or labeled "match," but Massad Ayoob cites Federal 9BP (plain old 115-gr. JHP at standard pressure) as being consistently accurate in a variety of guns. Generally, JHP's are more accurate than FMJ's. I'm not even sure there is a 9mm match load.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1921 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Best 9mm ammunition in anything I've shot it out of is Federal 115gr 9BP JHP.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had great luck with Blackwater Precision 9mm Match -- 147 grain polymer-coated lead bullet, loaded to 850 fps. Picked it up at a gun show from their booth. I've shot a lot of their .300 Blackout and found the ammo to be excellent and the customer service and responsiveness well above average.

Tight groups and very light recoil from their 9mm Match.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post