SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Did Glocks kill the 40 S&W cartridge?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did Glocks kill the 40 S&W cartridge? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I was sold on the HST rounds in all defensive calibers. I also really like the Ranger-T rounds in .40, but they didn't perform well through auto glass.

Not sure how we happened to switch to the Gold Dots, because I wasn't there for the ammunition evals. I know they are a good round, though.

I wonder if the .40 will make a resurgence in the future. There are a lot of fads and trends in the gun world that the FBI and PDs that have been overrun by YouTube experts perpetuate.

Another example is the loss in popularity of 12ga shotguns for police use. Many PDs have eliminated the 12ga from their patrol cars and replaced them with AR platform rifles. Obviously there are some circumstances in which the AR is a better choice, but there are also circumstances where a 12ga would be the ideal defensive weapon. The PD I work for has had some very successful uses of the 12ga shotgun. I see a lot more officers getting out new Benelli M4s out of the car on hot calls. I'm happy to see it.

Posts: 552 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a P229 Red Box with .40 and 357 Sig barrels.
I shoot the crap out of it and will not settle for less as a carry/truck pistol.

Posts: 386 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
well since I was quoted in this thread,I thought I might expand a little bit, Pryor to buying my glock 32 I did shoot a ton of .357 sig reloaded at its peak and .40sw out of my 229 and really enjoyed it. I really think it is the glock design that adds to its unpleasantness. I haven't tried it again in a .357 sig for awhile but would like too just to see if it's still hurts enough that the fun is gone. Right now I'm into the 365 tac ops and legion and just love it.

Posts: 5677 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan

I have two G22s in RTF2 with the gills, two P239s, a P226, an X5 226, and a Ruger PC4 all in .40

I had a few P229's in .40 but I didn't shoot them well at all for some unknown reason and sold them

Posts: 5528 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post