SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Over pressure ammo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over pressure ammo Login/Join 
Picture of USMC2PD
posted
NORMA Range and Training, 9mm FMJ 124 gr. This ammo under lot # SAV23F1180P2 had an over pressure round that ruined a police officers issued Sig P320. He bought 5 boxes and went to a private range. Not even halfway thru the first box his gun was catastrophicly damaged. Barrel, frame and extractor are all damaged beyong repair. The gun is going back to Sig with all the remaining ammo. You should check for this ammo lot # and use extreme caution.

Posts: 49 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the notice.
I don't see a public recall and the boxes I have do not have a detailed lot number like that. Mine have an 11KQ imprinted on the inside of the flap. Nothing on the outside of the box other tan the UPC number.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5783 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I saw that recall not too long ago and emailed Norma with the info on my purchase order. They replied right away and told me I was good to go. Won't hurt to find out for yourself.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1886 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post