SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Preferred 300Blk round for HD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Preferred 300Blk round for HD Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Those of you that are so inclined to use 300Blk, what’s your choice for an HD round?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7063 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Although 300 Blackout isn’t what I’d normally prefer as a defensive cartridge, I do have guns chambered for the round and I settled on Hornady 110 grain V-MAX as probably the best for my purposes based on its ballistics and reviews I have seen.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47660 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hornady 110 grain V-MAX

Seeing what it does to water jugs, I heartily agree with what sigfreund has suggested.

If you're suppressed, it's also available in a 208 grain sub-sonic version, which is equally detrimental to soft targets at defensive range.

Posts: 10805 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
You really should use full power supersonic ammo for social use. I like Hornady's V-Max and CX projectiles.

300BLK SBR is my go-to.

Posts: 5226 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Barnes 110-grain TAC-TX for me--It's expensive, but my Family is worth it...

Posts: 651 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, my SBR’d BCM that’s suppressed is a great HD gun. I grab 300Blk ammo when I can, I guess I have two or three mags of HD stuff. Definitely need more.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7063 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have the Hornady 208 in subs and the 110 in supers.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8146 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikey357:

Yes the solid copper Barnes projectiles are hell-on-wheels.

Posts: 5226 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Underwood 110gr Armageddon .300 Blackout in my home defense Sig Rattler - also a Witt SME to lessen the noise somewhat. We can't have suppressors here in Illinois, but I keep electronic hearing protection muffs with any home defense firearm at all times. It's especially critical with rifle caliber "pistols".

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikey357:

Same here. Custom made my own.

Posts: 400 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post