SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Oxygen Deployed, Mail Order Ammo Prices
Page 1 2 

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Oxygen Deployed, Mail Order Ammo Prices Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The sky is falling, the sky is falling. I'm thinking I need to sell of some of my "factory" 9mm, and $1 a round will move me off top dead center. The alarmist views serve none of us. But there they are. This crap (the nice term) takes place every time you fools elect a democrat to the oval office. Its pretty predictable.

But the dirty damn'd democrats will over play their hand, as always. In 2 years they'll lose both houses of congress and they'll pay for locking out the repub's for this 2 year stretch. Guess its time to profiteer and sell off some of the excess ammo to the fools who don't have any. Its not just this cycle or the last. It even took place back in the Jimmy carter years. Yeah, I know, I didn't bother with the capital key. And it happened with Klinton and Obammy too. Now everyone seems shocked that Biden is scaring the hell out of them.


Unhappy ammo seeker
 
Posts: 17853 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
All true, but if/when they kick Xiden to the curb, Kamel 1 will be pres, and Nasty Nancy would move up to veep. And that is some scary stuff. Our best hope is that the dims circular firing squad procedes apace.
 
Posts: 1588 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Watergoat:
All true, but if/when they kick Xiden to the curb, Kamel 1 will be pres, and Nasty Nancy would move up to veep. And that is some scary stuff. Our best hope is that the dims circular firing squad procedes apace.


No, Pelosi wouldn't move up.

https://www.factcheck.org/2008...-the-vice-president/

However, when the vice president becomes president, the speaker does not move into the office of vice president. The legislation only specifies who is to become president.

When the position of vice president becomes vacant, the 25th Amendment states:

25th Amendment: Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.
 
Posts: 6840 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:


No, Pelosi wouldn't move up.





Check your logic there. She instantly becomes next in line to become Prez. She remains there until the rest of the process plays out. And she has a bunch of control over "if and when" the house votes. Its to her advantage to delay that vote, if there is any. Or the vote fails to confirm, she remains next in line.

Given her mafia background, I certainly wouldn't want to be the VP moved to P. It could get ugly, but all the womens rights groupies would be playing it up as 2 women in line.


Unhappy ammo seeker
 
Posts: 17853 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:


No, Pelosi wouldn't move up.





Check your logic there. She instantly becomes next in line to become Prez. She remains there until the rest of the process plays out. And she has a bunch of control over "if and when" the house votes. Its to her advantage to delay that vote, if there is any. Or the vote fails to confirm, she remains next in line.

Given her mafia background, I certainly wouldn't want to be the VP moved to P. It could get ugly, but all the womens rights groupies would be playing it up as 2 women in line.


She'd have to arrange to kill/disable Harris in order to do that. My logic's fine, I'm going by the law.
 
Posts: 6840 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Ammo prices will fall just as soon as one needs a license to buy. Cool


EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
Firearms Legal Protection > https://secure.firearmslegal.com/CCHPI
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI
 
Posts: 1413 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Pelosi would have zero interest in a VP role - way too many eyes on her business dealings.
 
Posts: 3737 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
I was wondering.. for the 'pre-covid' era, what was basic .308 and 7.62x51 FMJ going for, per round?

Seventy to eighty-ish cents a round? Just trying to get some rough, ball park figures.

I've got a couple of cases and a couple hundred loose rounds that I no longer have weapons for and a good friend locally might be interested in some of it.




"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."




 
Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
I was wondering.. for the 'pre-covid' era, what was basic .308 and 7.62x51 FMJ going for, per round?

Seventy to eighty-ish cents a round? Just trying to get some rough, ball park figures.

I've got a couple of cases and a couple hundred loose rounds that I no longer have weapons for and a good friend locally might be interested in some of it.


Non-match range "plinking" rounds were typically a 55-65 cents/rd range


"No matter where you go - there you are"
 
Posts: 4039 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
I was wondering.. for the 'pre-covid' era, what was basic .308 and 7.62x51 FMJ going for, per round?

Seventy to eighty-ish cents a round? Just trying to get some rough, ball park figures.

I've got a couple of cases and a couple hundred loose rounds that I no longer have weapons for and a good friend locally might be interested in some of it.


Non-match range "plinking" rounds were typically a 55-65 cents/rd range



Ah, ok. Thank you. Smile

I was thinking the prices I had in mind didn't sound quite right.




"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."




 
Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased a .45 and for the first time in a long time I needed ammo. I knew it was scarce but when the guy said "fitty" for the box of .45 acp steel case I was holding I responded "no, i know it has 50 rounds, I wanted to know how much?"

fitty.

I said, wait it is a dollar a round?

"Yep, and I sell it a case at a time."

I have put the gun away and do not plan to shoot it for awhile. geez.



This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson
 
Posts: 2968 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
What scares me is the idea of when supply catches up with demand, the prices we are seeing now will remain the same and become the new norm.
 
Posts: 199 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyAgShooter:
What scares me is the idea of when supply catches up with demand, the prices we are seeing now will remain the same and become the new norm.


That won't happen because of supply and demand. Demand goes down, supply stays up and prices drop.

Now whether or not they go all the way down to where they were is another question. I don't think they'll drop that far, but I do think they'll drop to around 10% above where they were.
 
Posts: 6840 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by NavyAgShooter:
What scares me is the idea of when supply catches up with demand, the prices we are seeing now will remain the same and become the new norm.


That won't happen because of supply and demand. Demand goes down, supply stays up and prices drop.

Now whether or not they go all the way down to where they were is another question. I don't think they'll drop that far, but I do think they'll drop to around 10% above where they were.


It will be unstable until all the fear-frenzy subsides.
At some point all the newbie gunowners are going to quit buying ammo and the normal staple guns.
Then it is the time for us hard core gun guys to get back in the market.
I do not think price will be a new norm as that is not how the market works.
 
Posts: 19267 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the makers will start making more but the commodities needed to manufacture is also up and unlikely to come back down to the good old days where it was below 20 cents a round.
I suspect 25-30 cents a round will be the best we can hope for in the next year or two.


___________________________
Avoid buying ChiCom/CCP products whenever possible.
 
Posts: 6998 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Sportsman guide just notified me that .22WMR Hornady 45 grn FTX Critical Defense was in stock...basically twice what it should be but ordered some rounds at .35-cents / round shipped, should be under .20-cents but threw them a $100 to add some more to my stash. Would prefer CCI WMR...but from email receipt to “out of stock” looked to be about 15 minutes...and I only picked up 300 rounds. I’ll take it as a positive sign that any ammo showed up.





“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb
 
Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I'm too embarrassed to say what I've been paying to get some 22LR. It's beginning to trickle in the LGS but with small box limits. Ammo seek provides a good clue to what Mini Mags are going for. Even Winchester and Aguila is expensive.
 
Posts: 799 | Location: Federal Way, WA (It's a city not prison) | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Oxygen Deployed, Mail Order Ammo Prices

© SIGforum 2021