SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    MAGTECH CBC 62 grain 556 non steel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MAGTECH CBC 62 grain 556 non steel Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
How is this load for accuracy? I was a bit let down with the AGUILA 62 grain 556 non magnetic.

I kinda thought it would be a bit better than M855.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
My 2 cases arrived last week:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...3106699/m/6230015644

Much tighter groups than M855/SS109 on a 16-in 1:7 twist

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4556 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a case. Gonna get some heavyweights in a day or 2, we shall soon see.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Cant see any difference between the Magtech and 55 gr IMI out to 200 yds...but IMI 62 does open up more than these.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4556 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're still trying to get accuracy out of crappy ammo?

That dog won't hunt.

Posts: 7844 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
You're still trying to get accuracy out of crappy ammo?

That dog won't hunt.

Nope. I’m trying to find the best cheap ammo to stock up while it’s still cheap.
The 75 gr Hornady is a laser in the 3g Elite. Besides, it’s kinda fun comparing to see what does what.
I’m about to test all the stuff I got in a 14.5 Faxon gunner profile next. I’ll shoot the hornadys and other heavies out of the 3g. They are good to go, but a bit pricy.

TCB all the time...