SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    AAC website is gone.....any info?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AAC website is gone.....any info? Login/Join 
Picture of SIGfourme
posted
I was just checking to see what AAC had in stock prior to Black Friday. AAC website is no longer working- casualty of the Remington break up. Has anyone heard what happened to AAC?

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They were apparently bought by an outfit called JJE Capital Holdings, LLC. Palmetto State Armory is one of their components.

Posts: 204 | Registered: July 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
JJE bought the IP.

Not sure who bought the remaining stuff. I am waiting for them to return my UNFIXED 762SDN6 with a broken latch that was sent in back in July for warranty repair.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
AAC was owned by Remington/Freedom Group. They got bought by a big company. Google it and see who bought it and contact them.
George from Alaska

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AAC is tied up in the bankruptcy case involving Remington & the Freedom Group. Lots of unknowns with AAC right now.

Posts: 118 | Location: KDTO...NTX | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is no "unknown" about AAC. They were bought at the auction by JJE Capital Holdings, a huge company with diverse investments. JJE also acquired DMPS firearms, H&R Firearms, Stormlake barrels and Parker.
Franklin Armory acquired Bushmaster.
Ruger got Marlin, Sierra bullets got Barnes bullets.
There are other, smaller acquisitions.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

posted Hide Post
George from AK, since there are “no unknowns” about AAC maybe you can tell us if AAC will continue to produce silencers? Will they still do warranty work on their products?
Since their manufacturing facility in Alabama has been closed and their workforce laid off, I submit that there are many unknowns right now about AAC and there future.

Posts: 118 | Location: KDTO...NTX | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
AAC is gone.

They will not be doing warranty work or making suppressors or making mounts.

I just received my papers from Remington today. I will be filling it out and requesting return of my 762SDN6 which will be unrepaired.

I repeat, AAC is gone.

JJE bought the IP rights. Who knows what they plan on producing. My plan is to send my 762SDN6 out to ECCO and have it changed to a different mounting system and no more 51T for me.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you even try to call or contact the company reference I gave you or are you just going to ask here?
I'm 100% certain that the huge holding company that bought the successful AAC company is just going to crush all the leftover tubing and throw the machine tools and welders in the river.
In a worst case scenario be comfortable in the knowledge that I've sent one company's suppressors to totally different companies for core replacements, new K baffles, different end caps, tube repair while keeping the serial number and Cerakoting. Just call them first and get a RMA of some sort if they require it and include a copy of your Form 1,3 or 4 in the box.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
ECCO and have it changed to a different mounting system

He does good work. Tons of Form 1 guys send him re-cores.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I've been in contact with someone at the Remington group. They just emailed me today to tell me my UNFIXED suppressor will be shipped to my house address and not my work address.

Not minority enough!

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Fuggin’ hell, I thought the sale by Kevin was bad! After that it seemed going downhill. But now, those lifetime warranties mean exactly dick. Thanks Kevin! Don’t think I’ll be buying any Q products. As cool as they look, he’ll just leave his customers hanging when he sells it to Soros or someone again. Damn shame is a calm way to put it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10X-Shooter,

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Remington returned my unfixed suppressor today.

Not minority enough!

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
That sucks.

https://www.facebook.com/ECCOm...e/?ref=page_internal

Go to suppressor mount conversions....

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Guess I’ll start stacking my pennies in the even my Ti-Rant goes bad.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yeah, ECCO is taking orders for April now.
I'll eventually send it to him for a direct thread conversion.

Not minority enough!

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Man, that sucks to hear. I'm glad I didn't follow through with getting a 762SDN6 and went SIG instead. I've got a few Brakeout compensators that I guess I have no use for now, but better than having to deal with the expense and time of not having a manufacturer around to support an NFA item.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Hope my spr-m4 never fails again, thankfully i have a couple spare mounts.

I need tk invest in a new can anyway.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6254 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
What was wrong with your can if I may ask? I have a 7.62 AAC Can that I ordered February. Never thought AAC would die off like they did. Hard to find 1/28 flash hiders.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My latch is failing. It will unlock by itself during full-auto. which is rare and only done for fun on the range.

this place was advertising they were getting some aac mounts in. no clue who they are

https://www.righttobear.com/product-p/aac-mz.htm

Not minority enough!