SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    5.7x28 through 45 rated suppressor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5.7x28 through 45 rated suppressor Login/Join 
posted
I have a 5.7 pistol that I would prefer to shoot suppressed. Will a 45 caliber suppressor be any help at all or just a waste of time? I have the correct threaded adapter so no extra expense. Other than being large and heavy, are there any reasons not to do this?

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Define “waste of time”. What are you looking for? Will it provide some suppression over no suppressor at all? Yes. How much? Unless someone has actually metered it, no one really knows. Common sense says that firing a .22 diameter bullet through a .45 caliber hole won’t give that much suppression, especially for a supersonic bullet.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post