SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Legacy AAC Warranty
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legacy AAC Warranty Login/Join 
Picture of SIGfourme
posted
Direct from AAC website..
ADVANCED ARMAMENT CORPORATION-BRANDED PRODUCTS MANUFACTURED PRIOR TO NOVEMBER 1, 2021:

Advanced Armament Corporation-branded silencers or parts manufactured prior to November 1, 2021, were not manufactured by Advanced Armament Company. Accordingly, Advanced Armament Company is unable to honor any warranties for any Advanced Armament Corporation -branded products that were manufactured prior to November 1, 2021. However; Advanced Armament Company will service such products for a fee. Advanced Armament Company acquired the rights to use the Advanced Armament Corporation brand and associated intellectual property in conjunction with the Remington Outdoor Company bankruptcy proceeding. AAC did not acquire any silencers associated with the Advanced Armament Corporation brand from Remington Outdoor Company. Most liabilities, including warranty claims, were also discharged in the bankruptcy proceeding. Accordingly, AAC is unable to honor any warranties for any Advanced Armament Corporation-branded products that were manufactured prior to November 1, 2021. However, AAC can service such products for a fee. Also, if you properly upgrade any silencer using new AAC parts manufactured on or after November 1, 2021, then those new parts would be covered by the warranty described above.

For more information about servicing or upgrading AAC-branded silencers manufactured prior to November 1, 2021, please call AAC Customer Service at 1-800-581-1610, Monday through Friday, 9am - 5pm CST.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I was waiting for this, I know who I won’t be buying any silencers from in the future.

Can go fuck themselves in my opinion.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6236 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Same for me. The old AAC said send your silencer in for repair then promptly shut down. I knew the new AAC wasn't going to honor any warranties when they were being bought out. Took forever to get my silencer back from them. Unrepaired.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have a silencer from them that had an end cap strike that needs to be repaired. I certainly won’t be purchasing anything marked AAC in the future, but now the question is should I use them for the repairs? The suppressor has exactly 2 rounds through it. Are there any other companies that would be willing to work on a SDN762 suppressor?

Posts: 2928 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
dking--contact ECCO Machine for the end cap strike. Have them cut off the 51T connector, thread to 1.375 x 24 so it is now able to use ANY connector and make a new endcap.

What was the cause of the end cap strike? That needs to be identified.

Link to ECCO.....https://www.eccomachine.net/ecco-machine-services/

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
What was the cause of the end cap strike? That needs to be identified.

I wish I could tell you. When the can is installed everything looks to be in alignment. Frustrating, because it sat unused for several years and blasted 30 yards down range on the second shot through the can. I’m honestly not sure at this point if I’m even going to bother with getting it fixed or ever using it again.

Posts: 2928 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Everyone is recommending ECCO. There’s a wait list.

I just cranked mine on and check it from time to time. My latch was messing up. I don’t move it between rifles anymore.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
51T are problematic--known issues.
An alignment rod will identify centric bore of the barrel and suppressor.

dking--for about $200, ECCO will fix the latch and endcap. Repaint the can.

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I've had my 762-SDN-6 and 762-SD converted by ECCO to YHM QD mounts. Excellent work, long wait in the que.
2 YHM Cobra's now at ECCO for recore and conversion to DeadAir mounting system. The original Cobra was a monocore. The piston mounting system was a pain in the ass to switch between calibers.

posted Hide Post
On the topic of alignment rods, I think any misalignment that will cause a strike of any kind will be relatively easily identifiable using an eyeball through the silencer and bore from the muzzle end, into an open and lit action. I will never invest in an alignment rod. Not to say they're ultimately silly and useless, just largely unnecessary, in my opinion.

Thread drift aside, it seems as though this new AAC ought to be treated exactly as that: new; a new silencer company. They probably would have done well to change the name entirely, I'd say. Gemtech is dead to me, as they went through a similar scenario, and ultimately aren't the same company anymore. Luckily GSL is essentially the old Gemtech, and will even service old Gemtech models that the current S&W brand won't touch. Ecco machine seems to fill that role for AAC products. The new AAC may very well turn out some awesome new silencers, and we would do well to disassociate them from the old AAC, in that case. Or they'll suck like Gemtech does, which is sadly more likely. I have an SDN6 7.62 AAC can, and I am pleased with it. I shot the hell out of a M42000 in the past too, and have nothing but good things to say about it as well.

Posts: 2066 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
You can treat em as you wish and I’ll do the same. You don’t buy the rights to the name and brand then shit on everyone else before that who helped make the name and support it.

Now, I’m not saying they can’t make whatever decision they want, but in business it’s all about money, they’re worried about the cost? Fine, but for me they’ll definitely lose whatever their cut of the next 3 suppressors I plan on buying would have been.

They ain’t a new suppressor company, If they were they wouldn’t have to make the clarification that they won’t honor old warranties.

Posts: 6236 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, they certainly aren't the same company. I agree with your distaste for them. They likely won't make anything worth having anyway, just like Gemtech, in my opinion.

I don't have a dog in the fight. I doubt I'll seriously consider anything they make in the future, and I am not deterred from using the one I have now, for fear of breakage.

They arguably did better than Gemtech, in at least being up-front about their intent. I called Gemtech about getting a can fixed, and they said "we don't weld". Well, a lot of your silencers sure do have some welds, so...

What's your opinion of Gemtech? Is the hate fire stoked there too?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KSGM,

Posts: 2066 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I don’t know much about the GEMTECH situation as I never owned one.

But saying they did better than GEMTECH is like telling a kid, “good job” for some simple shit, in my house, doing what’s expected is the norm. No good job is given for expected behavior such as a company being transparent.

I’m not giving you a hard time KSGM, I’m just disappointed switch a company that took excellent care of me in the past and I waited to give them more Business.

You’re right about one thing, this ain’t the same company.

The AAC I had experience with was top notch.

I’ll go surefire, dead air, simply rugged from this point forward.

It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Ironically I used to buy “big name” silencers with the thought the company would be there to service them. Now I know better and just buy good silencers and keep track of companies that can fix them, just in case.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
To add fuel to the fire with AAC, I had communication with them online as they were getting up and running regarding the can I need fixed. I was informed that their service center was not up and running but they would put my contact information on the notification list as soon as they were up and running. Now, they didn’t specify if they would be honoring the warranty but they sure sounded like they were eager to help. They even came back on top of their original email and asked if I needed any mounts, which I still have a few new In packaging so I polity declined. I currently have 4 AAC cans and had been happy with them and the old company that produced them. To me, if you buy the brand you should buy the history or at least make an effort. I have an old broken Eotech that can't be repaired and at least they offered me 50% off any new offering in exchange for the old broken sight, though I haven’t done anything with it yet.

I will choose not to spend any money with the new AAC, and have a message into ECCO to get on their wait list. I’m in no real rush and I’m willing to move to another mount if it’s better than the 51T from AAC.