SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Holy grail just came in
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holy grail just came in Login/Join 
Picture of lt.speirs
posted
Hello fellow collectors and gun aficionados.

Today in the mail was the latest addition to my collection, and it was a special one.

Long sought after for many years, but finally got my hands on one.

A brand new full auto MP5SD3. Some days are better than others.

I decided to make it a clone of some models modified by the NSW DevGru, using Knight's Armament M4 under rail fixed with two simple repair clamps. B&T rail mount, Surefire SCOUT and Aimpoint CompML2.

Enjoy some pics.

With modular accessories

Suppressor disassembled

Details of the rustic mounting

And with its brother

Posts: 901 | Location: Europe | Registered: April 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I H8 U.

Razz

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I wasn't as big of a fan of the MP5SD we tried, but I did love the MP5n with a suppressor on it.

Insanely jealous though!

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mighty fine machinery!!

Posts: 6599 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Honestly, before opening the thread wondered if it was a MP5SD.

Enjoy!

Posts: 606 | Location: Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice...how is it compared to a factory SD?

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lt.speirs
posted Hide Post
What do you mean by factory SD?

Posts: 901 | Location: Europe | Registered: April 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Full auto with the FUN button--it is the ultimay Grail gun.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lt.speirs:

As in a unit that left the HK factory as an SD. Just curious if you had experience with a SD model and could share how this unit sounds comparatively. My apologies for just assuming - very nice setup!

Picture of lt.speirs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Creeping_Death:
quote:
Originally posted by lt.speirs:

As in a unit that left the HK factory as an SD. Just curious if you had experience with a SD model and could share how this unit sounds comparatively. My apologies for just assuming - very nice setup!

Well, the MP5SD was designed from the beginning to be a suppressed only weapon. And this is why it is more quiet in the end than many other SMGs with an added suppressor. The design is very unique with a shorter barrel compared to the MP5 and also with the vent ports drilled just after the chamber, so you will make every standard 9mm subsonic by venting a portion of the gazes into the first chamber of the suppressor. After that, the rest of the gazes will be kept in the rest of the suppressor which is bigger in length and size compared to a standard suppressor you would put on a MP5 for example.

I can compare it to my APC9 with added suppressor, or when I mount this suppressor on my other MP5. It is louder, but because it only suppresses some part of the gazes. Even with subsonic ammunition, the MP5SD is quieter than the others.

Plus, it's truly an iconic weapon with its distinctive look, I just LOVE the rubber handguard, the look of it, the feel, everything is so right with this one.

The only downfall with the MP5SD is you really need to clean it on a regular basis, HK recommends complete cleaning every 200 rounds.

But still it's not a gun which was designed to empty thousands of rounds during deployment with.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your feedback...very nice hardware, happy shooting!!

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Bitchn'

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3578 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Gorgeous weapons!!

Posts: 7720 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Damn nice.

Posts: 5999 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Holy Grail is right, that right there brings a tear to my eye of appreciation. Cool

Posts: 22842 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm drooling.

That is an excellent setup and beautiful pictures.

I beg your pardon for the crass question but how much did that set you back? (asking for a friend)

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
at least I have the Aimpoint. Razz

Sweet set up. I do not know much about them. But I do know it is a sweet set up. Congrats. Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19089 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
That makes me damp

________,_____________________________
*** Wanna make everything electric? Start with the border wall.

We all live for a little while and then die sooner than we planned.
Your way
or
YAHWEH

Posts: 1299 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing they practically give those away lol

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post