SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    New life for an old can
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New life for an old can Login/Join 
posted
My AAC Pilot finally gave up the ghost after about 20k rounds. I purchased it in 2004 and had it jailbroken last year. Well the aluminum baffles started to deform from tapping them out to clean the suppressor, I sure all the rounds and heat had something to do with it as well. The end cap was screwed on tight, but the baffles stared to move around inside so I sent it off for a new baffle stack.

I received my suppressor back today from ECCO Machine. A new stainless steel baffle stack was made for the can to replace the aluminum baffles. The suppressor is still very light and sounds absolutely amazing. There is NO FRP and the can actually sounds better now than when it was new from AAC. When new from AAC it was awesome, and is now even better. It was well worth the money spent.

Posts: 1090 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
That is truly beautiful work! The double clipped baffles have always intrigued me.
Keep hearing that AAC is slowly coming back and will be offering repairs and sales. Some major suppressor distributors that I've talked to already have preliminary price lists for some products.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Excellent work.
Send me an e mail about $ and wait time on recore.
Frank

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mine had a round tumble on the first cone and split the sleeve. I looked for a few years and never found anyone who would recore my aac pilot.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Excellent work.
Send me an e mail about $ and wait time on recore.
Frank

Maybe that info could simply be posted here for everyone's benefit... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The jailbreak was $125 and the re-core was $240. $365 was much cheaper than a new suppressor, $200 stamp and 1 year wait. It is basically new with much better suppression. Big Grin

Posts: 1090 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
$365 is not bad to recore a 22. Ecco ballparks recore in the $300-500 range.
I’m on the recore que for YHM Cobras. Original Cobras were non serviceable monocores using a horrible piston/thread adapter mechanism. The ATF did not like the original piston configuration requiring a factory service upgrade.
10 baffle system with new titanium front cap = $515 per can.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Just got my AAC 7.62 -SD and 7.62 SDN 6 back from ECCO. They cut off the 51T latch, machined and welded an adapter to 1.375 x 24.
There are better than new, no wobble from the old AAC QD system.
I have standardized to the YHM QD system. Very satisfied with Nick’s work. New life for 2 older AAC cans.