SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    best way to remove the front end cap on a AAC pilot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

best way to remove the front end cap on a AAC pilot Login/Join 
posted
i read different accounts that the front end cap is rocksett or locktighted in. What is the best way to jail brake it so i can get the baffle stack out?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
If it's Rocksett you can submerge it in water, that should break the bond.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am soaking it now. I just need to find a thin wrench to help pull it off/out. Then i think i can use AAC's baffle stack remover.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
AAC's Chief Mechanical Designer
posted Hide Post
If this is a first or second gen sealed Pilot, the whole can is held together with red Loctite 272 and primer. The cans in question actually assembled from the rear; the front end cap was installed first with Loctite and primer, allowed to set up, then the baffles were installed from the rear. The baffles were situated in the tube by threading in an encapsulator, again with Loctite 272 and primer, followed by the rear end cap and the stainless thread insert.

It will be difficult-impossible to get the front end cap off without seriously damaging or destroying it. You might consider sending it to one of the outfits that offers jailbreaking services. I truly wish that this was something that we could offer, but it's not something that is in the cards right now.

Reach out to me if you have any questions,

Mike Smith/AAC
SilentMike
mike@advanced-armament.com

Mike Smith
404-213-7753

Posts: 565 | Location: Alpharetta, GA USA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post