SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Banish suppressor from Silencer Central?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Banish suppressor from Silencer Central? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Anyone used this company? Good service, good product?

Want one for my .300blk its my first suppressor

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Pass--they tend to upsell the customer into their product line.

Need to be specific on your needs?

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the best value in silencers can likely be found in a YHM can. I'd stay away from the Banish; it stinks of gimmick; a cash grab. Also, as mentioned already, knowing your specific intent would be helpful. Budget too.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Not sure what an appropriate budget is, never bought one before.

Will use it for the range and for home defense

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your budget is whatever you’re willing to pay. You can go to sites like Silencer Shop, Capitol Armory, Hansohn Brothers, etc. and price out cans. You’ll have add another $200 for the tax stamp.

YHM cans are good value for the money, and usually come with a QD mount and muzzle device, so you don’t have to buy those things extra. In my experience, though, the standard QD mount and muzzle device are a bit heavy, and the cans are a bit gassy. You’ll have to pay extra for the shorter and lighter Kurz mounting kit if you want it.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Anyone used this company? Good service, good product?

Want one for my .300blk its my first suppressor

Never use them but check the NFA Reditt thread. A lot of complaints.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Banish 30 I use on my Model 70 .300WM and DD5V3 .308…I am happy with it. Light, easy to maintain, and does what it is made to do…dampen the bang and ease felt recoil. I don’t doubt there are less expensive cans that work just as well, or better, but I am happy with it.

It doesn’t matter as much if it isn’t your first step into the NFA world, but for those intimidated by the ATF forms and submissions Silencer Central does make purchasing incredibly easy. Especially if purchasing in person at a show, setting up a trust, completing the documents, capturing prints, and taking your photo are done at one time very quickly. Again, this isn’t so important if you’re experienced with the NFA purchasing process, but for newbies the Silencer Central team does a good job of removing headaches and dispelling a lot of urban legends.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
300 BO--you can use either a pistol (subsonic only) or a rifle suppressor.
1st suppressor -- go with a pistol suppressor that can be used with both pistols and 300 BO. Rifle will need a fixed barrel spacer. Pistol requires a booster/Neilson device.
I would recommend a 45 pistol caliber suppressor--DeadAir Ghost, AAC Ti Rant 45 , Rugged Obsidian 45.
Plan on spending $700-750 for the suppressor, $200 for the tax stamp and extra pistons (thread/caliber specific) at $70/piston.
Now you will be able to shoot 9 mm, 300 BO,and 45 using 1 suppressor.
A tax stamp is best purchase using a Trust--Heavy D (member) can set you up for $99.
Capital Armory has an FFL in Tenn that can handle your transfer. Silencer Shop probably has a Tenn FFL but their website is not showing the FFL's.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few of the banish suppressors and really like them. Silencer central made it super easy for me since I live in a place where there isn’t a gun shop.

I also got a thunderbeast and a dead air mask 22 through silencer shop. Of course they try to up sell the banish…who cares, just tell them that isn’t what you want. I actually like the hen banish 30 a bit more than my TBAC ultra 7. The banish 22 seems to be every bit as good as my dead air mask 22 and my TBAC takedown 22 to the point that between the 3 rimfire suppressors, I have no preference, they all seem very similar.

I have several friends who have the banish 30 and none of them have any complaints. All of the complaints I’ve read are from people who don’t own them or shoot them. As for silencer central, they have been ok for me, the definetly make it easy to buy silencers, especially once they have your info on file, I got my last 2 through text message, didn’t even have to sit on the phone with a salesperson.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I was just approved going through Silencer Central and am waiting for my Banish 22 to be delivered. Super easy and the Banish 22 is what I wanted.

Can't wait!!

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Banish .22 that is on its way back to them. Rounds from the GSG Firefly are keyholing into the target.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick_Perry:
I was just approved going through Silencer Central and am waiting for my Banish 22 to be delivered. Super easy and the Banish 22 is what I wanted.

Can't wait!!

I have shot the hell out of this thing this week! I love this thing! Not sure why I waited so long to get one...

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's something about shooting that 1st can that puts a crazy happy grin on your face Smile

Posts: 494 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cam:
There's something about shooting that 1st can that puts a crazy happy grin on your face Smile

That is such a true statement!