SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Review of Battlecloth custom suppressor pouch.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Review of Battlecloth custom suppressor pouch. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
Some time ago after having searched extensively I asked the forum about ideas for a pouch to carry my Thunder Beast 30P-1 suppressor. Most suppressors are probably used on ranges and are therefore carried in gun cases or bags, but I wanted to carry mine on a vest.

SIGforum member Tusk responded with a link to information about Battlecloth custom pouches and holsters here. That link contains additional general information and photos.

Steve of Battlecloth estimated that the order would take four weeks to complete, but he actually mailed the package right at three weeks from the date I put my check in the mail to him. He was good enough to let me know when he sent my pouches to me, and to top it off he was extremely prompt and helpful when the postal so-called “service” couldn’t find the two-day priority package for two weeks (through no fault of Steve’s).

The following is the response I received from Steve almost immediately to my request for a quote:

“The pouches are built to order, to the dimensions of the suppressor they are meant to hold. The pouch secures closed with a side release buckle and they come standard with an integral pocket for a copy of your tax form. You have your choice of belt loop, ALICE clip or MOLLE compatible (PALS webbing and a MALICE clip). You also have your choice of color, OD, Black, Coyote Brown, Woodland Camo or Crye MultiCam. ...

“The price for a MOLLE compatible (PALS webbing and a MALICE clip) pouch in MultiCam with thread protector loop for your 2 1/4" X 9 5/16" suppressor would be $45.95.”

After the postal service decided to incubate the order, I received the pouches yesterday, and I literally couldn’t be happier with the product.

This is the pouch and suppressor. The reason I requested a pouch 2 1/4 inches in diameter is that I prefer to leave the suppressor in an Armageddon Gear insulated cover and that obviously required a larger pouch than one that would have been made to fit the suppressor only. The can and cover are easily inserted into and removed from the pouch. Because it’s a custom-made product, in addition to being able to specify the diameter and length of the pouch, the customer also specifies how much of the suppressor extends above the pouch itself. I wanted about an inch exposed at the top to make it easy to grasp, but while still enclosing most of the can.

The Fastex buckle and strap permit silent and secure operation and allow some adjustment of how tightly the pouch flap fits.

The paracord loop visible in the first photo is available as a quick and secure way of keeping track of a thread protector when using the suppressor. Or you could use it for your Super Bowl ring or something similar. The loop is a $2 option with the pouch.

As indicated in the quote response above, a number of different mounting systems are available. I wanted MOLLE loops, and the pouches each came with an appropriate MALICE clip.

The bottom of the pouch is partially closed with a wide sewn-in length of webbing. After thinking about the design, I decided I prefer it to a more conventional closed bottom with typical grommet-type drain hole. The webbing in the center allows water and debris to drain or fall out more easily, but also does a better job of keeping stuff out of the suppressor itself. It would of course be easy to stuff something like a piece of hard plastic or foam into the bottom of the pouch to provide more protection if desired.

A last useful feature is a pocket at the rear of the pouch that can be used to store a copy of your NFA paperwork.

In summary, the pouches are all that I hoped for and more: Good designs, excellent materials and workmanship, and extremely prompt service for a custom product.

Steve at Battlecloth can be contacted at Battlecloth@comcast.net. He doesn’t have a web site, but as I mentioned, he’s very quick to respond to requests for information.

Edited to put the photos back in.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigfreund,

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Looks great! Thanks for the in depth review. I will probably give him some of my business in the future as well.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your review!

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Well written and presented review sigfreund. We'll sticky this one for a while.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
Well written and presented review sigfreund. We'll sticky this one for a while.

I am honored; thank you. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
If I may add my endorsement also, I bought one of Steve's pouches last summer. He was quick to respond to emails and eager to serve. He did not just make what I requested blindly. I had made a measurement error and he caught it, contacted me to verify and made the correction. When the pouch arrived, it was every bit as good as sigfreund has stated. A very nice piece of work; far and away better than the cheaper alternatives.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Another fan of his products! I've had these pouches and holsters he made for 7-8 years at least. They provide plenty of protection as a holster, fit the equipment perfectly and are just simply made right. Great product!

Posts: 819 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Another fan boy of the Battlecloth can pouches. have two of them and they have worked just fine, as well as holding up to abuse.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the in depth review. It sounds like it is definitely worth considering.

Posts: 4 | Registered: August 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of c_zielsdorf
posted Hide Post
I sure like the Battlecloth pouch I have.

Disabled combat vet

Posts: 1409 | Location: WY | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to say Steve is still around and doing this. He just made me a holster for my 22/45, super nice and just what I was looking for. Don't hesitate to get in touch with him if you need something like this.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for reviving interest in this thread. I had forgotten that the original photo links had been killed some time ago.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
Is your profile pic Dietrick Bader, the next door dude in Office Space and Rex Kwan Do from Napoleon Dynamite?

quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
I'm happy to say Steve is still around and doing this. He just made me a holster for my 22/45, super nice and just what I was looking for. Don't hesitate to get in touch with him if you need something like this.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns