SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Looking for Class III FFL that can service AAC can
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Class III FFL that can service AAC can Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted
A few weeks ago I had a 308 round from my Scar 17 hit the end cap of my 765-SDN-6 and launched it 25 yards down range. The end cap is damaged and I assume I may have some baffle damage but it is not noticeable to me. Now that AAC is tits up, does anyone know of a class III dealer that can service my damaged can? Anyone familiar with the process, legalities, requirements to ship an NFA item back and forth?

Posts: 2932 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
AAC warrenty work is probably not going to happen since the bankrupcy.
AAC 51T quick attachments have been prone to failure. ECCO Machine out of Colorado has been fixing AAC cans for several years. I just sent my 2 AAC cans to have the 51T mounts cut off and converted to industry standard "Omega" thread (1.374 x 24).
Feel free to e mail me if further questions.

Unfortunately, ECCO machine is extremely busy--current wait time is 5-6 months. Quality work, fair price, quick turnover time. I would recommend e mailing ECCO Machine and getting in the que.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
AAC is back in business. Silencer distributors are getting dealer pricing from AAC and one distributor told me that AAC will be doing repairs and service. I was advised to contact them directly to set up repairs for my customers. Google AAC, there are some old addresses there but you will find the one that is current.
George

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently read about an outfit named Curtis Tactical. They repair and modify silencers.

Posts: 2087 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
AAC 51T quick attachments have been prone to failure. ECCO Machine out of Colorado has been fixing AAC cans for several years. I just sent my 2 AAC cans to have the 51T mounts cut off and converted to industry standard "Omega" thread (1.374 x 24).

Unfortunately, ECCO machine is extremely busy--current wait time is 5-6 months. Quality work, fair price, quick turnover time. I would recommend e mailing ECCO Machine and getting in the que.

ECCO Machine is top notch. I've followed them for a while. They do good work.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
May want to contact AAC. Looks like they are alive.

https://www.advanced-armament.com/

https://www.tactical-life.com/...suppressor-relaunch/

Advanced Armament Corporations (AAC), founded in 1994, recently announced a major organizational restructure and relaunch. Subsequently, the relaunch brings with it the advancement of firearm suppressor technology for military, law enforcement and civilian markets.

The recent purchase of AAC, by JJE Capital Holdings, along with other brands, including a branch of Remington, promises a strong future. Their mission with AAC is to strengthen the brand with a focus on customer support and building on core strengths. The newly acquired AAC will continue to focus on producing reliable, performance driven suppressors for a vast and diverse market.

The relaunch of AAC promises a deep bench of professionals, to see to brand continuity and forward engineering. The staff boasts suppressor industry professionals, as well as AAC alumni, including Senior Program Manager Ben Bachmeier.

“We are fortunate to have acquired the former Advanced Armament Corporation intellectual property and brand name,” said Bachmeier, “this has given us the opportunity to start fresh with people who have been involved with and have been passionate about this brand for a long time, including myself. It is my intention to take care of the people that have, over the years, helped propel the AAC brand to its leading position in the industry.”

Owners of legacy AAC suppressor models will be happy to know that AAC will maintain service and repair of older models. A renewed commitment to customer needs has AAC focusing on customer service, for current and new customers alike. With that in mind, all new suppressors will also receive a new Lifetime Warranty.

For more information about the AAC brand suppressor relaunch, their customer service or new products, please visit Advanced-Armament.com.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
To answer Diablo's question on shipping a suppressor--UPS will ship a suppressor, you cannot use USPS. UPS requires adult signature--also insure for true value of the suppressor. UPS leaves overnight delivery up to the hub--not mandatory. You cannot ship from a UPS Store or dropoff.

Adding to Redlick's AAC relauch from The Firearms Blog are the following paragraphs....
As part of the brand relaunch, AAC will be updating its website in the coming months and standing up a new Customer Service Center at its corporate and operational headquarters in Huntsville, AL.

“The consumer is our main focus,” Bachmeier continued, “whether it is servicing current AAC products already in the field or developing new products based on what our customers need for their specific professional, competitive, or recreational shooting endeavors. And to our existing customers, we want to say that AAC hears you and we are going to do everything we can to take care of you…now and into the future.”

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:

ECCO Machine is top notch. I've followed them for a while. They do good work.

I second this. They have done 2 cans for me. One was an AAC Pilot and the other a SWR Trident 9. They do excellent work a very reasonable prices.

Posts: 1097 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post