SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    silencer shop (Kiosk) question.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

silencer shop (Kiosk) question. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
I decided to go with a yh&m Resonator K .30 cal. Bought off of dealer on GB. Had it shipped to my dealer. Went in to do paperwork. Dealer said they now have a Kiosk and asked if I wanted to do it vs paperwork. I already had pp photo's fp cards but thought sure why not. Seems to be speeding up approval times according to many. So I went for it. Seemed pretty straight forward. The dealer helped quite a bit. Got through it without to many glitches.

After completing the kiosk portion had to go online and set up an account with Silencer shop. No biggie there. Although I had to call them to get me to login in as there was a website issue. They solved it.

Dealer linked the Suppressor to my account.

I needed to go onto SS's website and buy the tax stamp. Again, they had an issue with the checkout so I had to call them again. They took payment info and had my purchase info. Said in a couple of days they would have it processed and send me an email to docsign and then they would forward the paperwork to the feds as I understand it.

My question is how do they make any $ in this process. $5 for the tax stamp as it was $205.

Seems odd. Thoughts?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
yeah I have wondered this as well.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
You're now in their system and have seen how easy it all is.
Now the next time you buy a suppressor you might simply go to their website and knock out the whole thing right there.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks Creslin, you are right about that. I spent a bit of time on their website thinking about just that. Smile

Picture of Silencer Shop
posted Hide Post
Our main goal is simplifying the NFA purchasing experience, any way we can.

I'm sorry to hear you ran in to a few issues while setting up your account, but as someone has already mentioned, you never have to do that part again!

Once you're in our system, the only bit that needs to be updated annually is your photo. All of your future orders through us can be completed while you sit on the couch at home.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Silencer Shop,

Posts: 7 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: November 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks Silencer Shop I did not know you where here. Your kiosk and my dealer where both great. I was glad the dealer had done it himself and was there to walk me through it. The little glitches where no be deal and your staff sorted it out and fixed quickly and with a helpful attitude.
You have sent me emails with updates and receipts. I got your docusign email this morning. Returned it so you will submit to the atf very soon. Thanks for your wonderful service. And yes I will using you again. Much appreciated what you do.
Sincerely, Orc

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Did the kiosk route for both Silencer Shop mediated purchases.

One was in stock from the LGS where the kiosk lived, the other ordered from Silencer Shop along with the tax stamps.

The only issue I had was that the fingerprinting ont he kiosk machine was tricky, but an LGS employee told me that it helped if your fingers are slightly wet (used hand sanitizer), which it did help.

My experience was also very much trouble free! Still waiting on the second Form 4 purchase to be approved. Fingers crossed.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
The only issue I had was that the fingerprinting ont he kiosk machine was tricky, but an LGS employee told me that it helped if your fingers are slightly wet (used hand sanitizer), which it did help.

Interesting, I had trouble also and my dealer said to wipe my fingers behind my ears to get some oil on them and it worked like a charm. Still waiting for mine to be approved but it has only been a few months.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for notification that Silencer shop sent the paperwork to the ATF. I would of thought they would electronically transmit it. Seems like they told me via chat they will mail it at some point? odd. Tell me again how this speeds up the process? It will be a week tomorrow and it is still in the works getting it to the atf?

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^The issue you're referring to is purely a limitation imposed by the ATF, which could be changed today if they chose to do so! It makes ZERO sense, like a lot of things ATF related and/or regulated, but there is NO way to file a Form 4 electronically! Roll Eyes

The biggest (only?) advantage of the Silencer Shop Kiosk is that it provides an easy way to capture your fingerprints at the point of purchase/transfer.

Ultimately your Form 4 is still filed the 'old fashioned' way. Here's a pic of a batch of Form 4's getting ready to head off to the post office... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the Form 4s are batch filed by mail. It may be a week or two until they file yours along with hundreds of others.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Oh boy! Thanks guys for that news. I guess it could be worse. Somehow. Razz

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Silencer shop mailed my application to the atf on July 6th.

Do you need to call the atf to verify they received?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:

You don’t need to, but if you want to, I’d wait at least a month. Once it gets there, it still needs to be put in the system and assigned an examiner.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
i WOULD just like confirmation they got it vs wait a month and find it is stuck in limbo someplace and not in their system for whatever reason.

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd wait at least a month. Once it gets there, it still needs to be put in the system and assigned an examiner.

I SERIOUSLY doubt they COULD confirm they got it until this happens...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
i WOULD just like confirmation they got it vs wait a month and find it is stuck in limbo someplace and not in their system for whatever reason.

My point is, until it’s in the system, they won’t be able to tell you that it’s arrived. They don’t immediately log things in the same day that they get them. If you call today, and they tell you they have no record (even though it may have actually arrived, just not processed yet), what will you do then?

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silencer Shop
posted Hide Post
quote:

As soon as the ATF has received your Form 4 and added it to their queue for review, you will get a notification that your "Tax Stamp Check has been cashed".

If you would like to give them a call to confirm that your Forms are "Pending", you definitely can. Just give them a couple weeks after the "Check cashed" notification.

Posts: 7 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: November 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Silencer Shop
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am waiting for notification that Silencer shop sent the paperwork to the ATF. I would of thought they would electronically transmit it. Seems like they told me via chat they will mail it at some point? odd. Tell me again how this speeds up the process? It will be a week tomorrow and it is still in the works getting it to the atf?

At the moment there is not a Form 4 Efile option. All Form 4s from any source must be printed and mailed.

That is where our Compliance team comes in. They manually check each submission for any possible errors and organize everything for your Form 4 in a packet with a barcode that the ATF can scan upon arrival. This is huge in avoiding "Error Correction Letters" as much as possible.

Our system speeds up the process by having you and your dealer sign all paperwork electronically and the kiosk brings everything you need to one location.

Then, once you have used our kiosk once, you never have to do that part again. So future purchases are even easier.

Picture of Silencer Shop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Yeah, the Form 4s are batch filed by mail. It may be a week or two until they file yours along with hundreds of others.

This is not true.

Once all aspects of the Form 4 is completed on your end and your dealer's end, the forms are reviewed, printed and mailed. We don't hold on to forms to be sent in batches. We send dozens of boxes of forms daily.