SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    22Lr thru a 9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22Lr thru a 9mm Login/Join 
posted
I have a Gemtech multimount in 9mm. I put a factory Sig threaded barrel on my P226 (22Lr) With a barrel adapter, I can screw it on. Will it work? Is it safe?

Posts: 17 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Short answer yes.

long answer. If you can't clean the can, clean the baffle stack. I would not use 22lr in it.

If you can clean the baffle stack. have at it.

I run 22lr through my ghost -m and odessa 9. Hell even through my form 1 45 acp can.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Will it work? Yes
Is it safe? Yes
Can you clean it? Yes
Check serial number on the can. If greater than S11-48336--the 1st baffle is titanium.
Recommended cleaning intervals are <250 rounds or carbon build up will result in difficult disassemble. Rimfire will create a large buildup of carbon and lead.
It's a lightweight suppressor--8 ounces, 7.1"--all aluminum.
It will be a bitch to clean.
https://www.gemtech.com/amfile.../104/product_id/386/

Posts: 2293 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you would like to suppress the sound even more on the initial few rounds, you can cover the muzzle end of the suppressor with a piece of black electrical tape. The first round will penetrate the tape, containing some of the noise creating escaping gases. This containment of gases will diminish as you run more rounds through the tape and the hole becomes larger.

Is putting electrical tape over the muzzle safe? Yes, hunters have been doing this for many, many years to prevent dirt and debris from getting into the barrel should the muzzle inadvertently hit the ground, thus preventing a kaboom caused by a dirt clogged barrel.

Posts: 94 | Location: Michiana | Registered: September 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put the 22lr threaded barrel in the Sig P226 (22lr), hooked up a thread adapter, attached my 9mm suppressor and let one fly. It was so quiet I wasn't sure it fired.

Thanks for the good advice.

Posts: 17 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
My first P Series was a 229 in 22lr. I added a can. Then I got a 9mm conversion for the 229 + a 9mm can (Tundra) that was deeply discounted locally. So I will not run 22 through another can...

The old saying... get both.

Posts: 3992 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
My first P Series was a 229 in 22lr. I added a can. Then I got a 9mm conversion for the 229 + a 9mm can (Tundra) that was deeply discounted locally. So I will not run 22 through another can...

Really sorry for hijacking the thread; however, how do you like the P80 320 grip? I recently came across them and they look like they're very comfortable; however, I haven't heard any feedback on them so I've been a bit hesitant to pull the trigger..

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Best thing to do is just get a Rimfire suppressor, for all the reasons mentioned.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for being
genuinely stupid
posted Hide Post
Those are sweet Z06

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post