SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Question re: crush washers for SRD 762QD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question re: crush washers for SRD 762QD Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
Can anyone confirm if the crush washers supplied with the 1/2x28 and the 5/8x24 muzzle brake (the only ones that actually need to be timed) are actually the same crush washer?

I mounted the 1/2x28 brake on my LMT and messed up the crush washer when I was timing the brake tip. It's not badly messed up, but I can't get it on there tight enough that it doesn't start to walk after 50 or so rounds with the can on.

So I ordered 5 new crush washers from SIG customer service and they sent me, I suppose logically, ones that are specifically labeled 5/8x24.

I don't have another 1/2x28 adapter around to compare the crush washers for the two different brake tips.

Can anyone tell me if they're the same, or do I need to order again?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Not to answer your question directly, and I’m not familiar with your specific setup, but is installation of the “can” you reference specifically approved for use with a crush washer? The reason I ask is that Thunder Beast that I’m familiar with specifically cautions against using crush washers, presumably because of the possibility of misalignment, or perhaps for some other reason due to the suppressor’s weight.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47368 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I know Silencerco states to NOT use crush washers as well. Sigh could be different, but I would check your mounting instructions to be safe.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Yes, there is a crush washer needed for the muzzle brake tip of the QD adapter.

The SRD QD adapter itself doesn't use a crush washer interfacing with the barrel, but the muzzle brake tip (which can be swapped out for an untimed flash hider tip) comes with a washer to time it.

Suffice it to say, SIG ships with a crush washer in the package and tells you to use it in the instruction manual.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Suffice it to say, SIG ships with a crush washer in the package and tells you to use it in the instruction manual.

Thanks.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47368 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I always thought shims were to be used for timing QD brake mounts. So I've always used them & used crush washer for non suppressor QD devices. (A2 or whatever...)

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post