SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Suggestions for first 9mm suppressor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for first 9mm suppressor Login/Join 
posted
I am looking at getting my first 9mm suppressor. I would probably run it on a Glock or maybe a mp5. Any suggestions on were to start looking?

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of AAC TiRants I use on 45s, 9s, and a 9mm SBR. I think they’re very easy to maintain and after the first one stuck with the same model so I could use the same family of pistons. Happy shooter here.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
I have the TiRant as well. I bought the 45M and can run it on .45 ACP or 9 mm with the appropriate piston. I didn’t bother with the 9 mm end cap. Suppression on subsonic 9 mm is still quite good.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I too have an older AAC Tirant in 9mm. It works well and is easy enough to clean. It has a good rep and was on sale when I bought it.

But there are probably better ones or just as good out there now.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Big fan of the Rugged Obsidian 45. Modular so you can shrink it down or run it in full-length configuration for max suppression. Same setup in their 9mm cans. Though if this is your first pistol can I’d encourage you to consider a .45 can for the versatility to run on any pistol you may have now or in the future.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree on the Obsidian 45. It’s good for use on both a pistol and PCC.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Obsidian. Rugged is excellent to deal with if you should need them.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6984 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dead Air Wolfman for a 9mm carbine or pistol.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the rugged obsidian 45 and use on my VP9 as well as my HK45c. I have recently put it on my MarkIV and it’s quiet . I could go on and on about the excellent qualities of this suppressor but the Rugged website will explain it better .

Posts: 72 | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
9mm can -CGS Kracken now called Mod 9.
Lightweight, excellent sound suppression.
AAC Illussion would be the next choice.

Posts: 2292 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to run it on a regular pistol like a Glock, I’d choose the Rugged Obsidian over the Wolfman. The Wolfman is mainly a PCC can that’s a bit big and heavy for a normal pistol.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post