SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Beretta CX4 SBR questions, 992r compliance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta CX4 SBR questions, 992r compliance Login/Join 
Picture of barndg00
posted
I'm considering converting my Beretta CX4 9mm to an SBR and using suppressed. Couple of questions, though. First, since it is basically all plastic, where would I put the engraving? Second, I'm not sure about 992r compliance. Does this seem right for identification of the various parts?
Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings, or stampings - 1
Barrels - 1
Barrel extensions - none
Mounting blocks (trunions) - Not sure if the barrel bushing counts?
Muzzle attachments - none
Bolts - 1
Bolt carriers - none
Operating rods - none
Gas pistons - none
Trigger housings - 1
Triggers - 1 but already replaced with Sierra Papa trigger
Hammers - 1 but already replaced with Sierra Papa hammer
Sears - integral with trigger housing
Disconnectors - not sure, probably.
Buttstocks - 1
Pistol grips - integral with Buttstock
Forearms, handguards - 1
Magazine bodies - Use US made
Followers - Use US made
Floorplates - Use US made

Assuming I have a complete US made magazine, that's 8 parts. Does this seem correct? I haven't found anything in my searches for what other's have done.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The maker engraving doesn’t have to be on metal like the serial number. It’s fine on the plastic of the receiver.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To second that I've had to engrave lots of plastic guns like the CZ scorpion. I don't have a CX4 but does it have a permanent pic rail attached, because a really good place to engrave is on that just below the rail itself. and that's metal. On 922r I have no idea without an actual gun to look at but with 8 parts it should be pretty easy.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10965 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Is the CX4 considered an SBR?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

Well, it's a bullpup, and the legal 16" barrel protrudes a fair bit.

If you SBR it, you can shorten the barrel back to just the end of the stock, then the only thing that protrudes is the suppressor.

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:

No. If it was, you wouldn’t be able to just walk in and buy it without doing a Form 4 and waiting 10 months or so to pick it up. The barrel is at least 16” and the overall length is at least 26”.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post