SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Suppresed P226 dilema
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suppresed P226 dilema Login/Join 
posted
I have a 226 dark elite 9mm w/threaded barrel.
I am asking what other users are using with this type of gun. Recommendations, Pics, any ideas would be valued.

Posts: 22 | Location: so miami fla | Registered: October 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
I have used my Sig 226's with an AAC Tirant 9M, a Rugged Obsidian 9 and a CGS Kraken/Mod 9. The CGS may be the lightest and quietest but the 226 series is inherently quiet with any quality name brand 9mm can. I use RemOil or Blitz brand spray foamy lithium grease as an ablative.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your input. I will look into those recommendations.

Posts: 22 | Location: so miami fla | Registered: October 03, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I shoot my 226 with a Rugged Obsidian 45 and SiCo Octane 45. As noted any quality pistol can should do, the 226 is a great host.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Silencerco Osprey with its asymmetric design will allow the stock Elite Dark sights to just be able to clear the top of the can, if that's important to you.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 871 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I've run a 9mm AAC TiRant & a 45ACP Silencerco Osprey on a 9mm P226. To my ear, the TiRant was the quieter of the two, and less awkward.

Posts: 1500 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run my 226 with a ghost m, and odessa 9. I prefer the ghost m. Even though the sights are a better fit with the odessa 9

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same 226 that stays in my night stand 99% of the time. I’ll put an Osprey 9 on it from time to time at the range, makes for a nice setup and the sights are just visible above the can. I have an Octane 9, but haven’t mounted it on the 226 for comparison yet.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run a TiRant45 on my 226 without any issues. Suppressor sights just barely clear the can. Hardest part was finding a piston for it.

Posts: 17 | Location: Golf Cart City, GA | Registered: March 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve run mine with a Sig SRD 45 suppressor. No issues at all.

Sig P226 W German
Sig P220 W German
Sig P228 W German

Posts: 121 | Location: Pennsylvania  | Registered: November 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post