SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Can't print my PDF tax stamp EDIT:sorted
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can't print my PDF tax stamp EDIT:sorted Login/Join 
Picture of PakRatJR
posted
My form 1 came back today. A emailed PDF. I can open and view the file no problem but when I try to print it out I run into some issues.

First one being Adobe pops up a "error on page" warning. Second being even tho the pages will print, they are barely readable and the stamp itself won't print at all.

I have tried saving it as a different format but "don't have sufficient permissions". I even tried taking a screen shot and even that wont print with the stamp.

Am I missing something? Is it possible to get a physical copy even tho it was E-filed?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PakRatJR,

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Try opening the PDF in your web browser and printing from there.

There's no physical copy to get when you efile it. PDF is it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I will give that a try. Smile

Posts: 482 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
So far that hasn't worked eather. No error warning but still not readable. Getting the same garbled lines as the others. I got fresh ink on its way just in case and will try again tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
Not sure which browser you are using. I have had trouble printing from the regular browsers I use and had to switch to Chrome to get the PDF to print. I never use Chrome but none of the other browsers would print. Worth a try if you have not use Chrome.

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In recommend sending a message to Ask the Experts. There may be something screwed up with the pdf when they added the stamp. I’ve had no problems printing mine, and I’ve saved the attached pdf and printed the pdf using both a PC and an iPad.

Any issues with printing the original copy you got when you submitted?

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
if you can open/read it perfectly fine...
Do that - then screenshot it.
Then print the screenshot!

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1523 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I will try chrome.
I did actually try the screenshot but that didn't work eather for some reason.

When I submitted it, I was not able to print from the email that was sent but I was able to print it no problem when I went to the website to view it.
That did not work this time eather.

I will try a message to the experts thing as well tomorrow.

Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Save the pdf to your desktop. Then open and print from there.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Just printed a copy at work and it worked no problem. Confused so it seems it is definitely something with my setup. My new ink won't be here till tomorrow now so I will have to wait to play with things.

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Is your print quality OK on other files?

If not, the the poor print quality problem might be clogged print heads - in that case you may want to run a diagnostic to print a head cleaning test page.

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
It seems I finally got it working. New ink, print document AND markup... AND print in greyscale.

Geeze lol Big Grin