SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Any issue w/ leaving stainless steel baffles in purple power/water mix overnight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any issue w/ leaving stainless steel baffles in purple power/water mix overnight Login/Join 
posted
Is there an issue with leaving suppressor baffles in the ultrasonic cleaner (turned off) overnight? I have the rugged obsidian baffles and the mask baffles that I have in the cleaner and unless there is some reason to not do it, I am going to leave it in the cleaner until tomorrow night when I can finish cleaning the suppressors.

Posts: 140 | Registered: April 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Depends on the solvent. What's in "purple power"?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No idea on the situation of the original question. Me personally I would just take them out and rinse them in water to be safe. Why not 10 seconds. But they are stainless so I can't imagine that rugged says use purple power diluted to clean them and then doesn't say but be sure you don't soak them. But why take the chance.
But to fev https://www.clean-rite.com/

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t. It has lye in it, along with a bunch of other non-detailed ingredients on the SDS with no mention of %s.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I've done it (with Rugged Obsidian baffles), but I did not find it to be any more effective than just running another cycle or two in the ultrasonic.

If I was doing it today I'd run them a couple times, pull them out, rinse them in water, and let them sit. You're never going to get them "clean", and if you do you will never realize any measurable benefits from it versus just running them through the machine a couple times.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think this was just a timing issue and not an attempt to soak them. I've never found that additional cycles do squat, so for me its one and done. again SS Obsidian baffles.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post