SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    5.56 suppressors and xm193
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5.56 suppressors and xm193 Login/Join 
posted
Have any of you with dedicated 5.56 suppressors had issues shooting xm193? I read a discussion the other day that centered around xm193 and endcap/baffle strikes. I'm sitting on a crap ton of xm193 and hope to receive my stamp for a socom rc2 any week now and am wondering if I need to start stocking 62gr?

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shoot M193 almost exclusively. Never had an issue. That is with a few different 5.56mm "dedicated" cans on barrels between nine and sixteen inches. I rarely shoot without a silencer. If you get an endcap strike, I'd say you just have really bad luck.

Posts: 2066 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not. Lots of rounds through a couple M4-2000s and several YHM Turbos and Turbo Ks. Nearly all M193 and no problems.

Posts: 5141 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've never had such a problem, M193 or any other ammunition. AAC M4-2008 and multiple rifles.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the answers I was hoping for, thanks fellas

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with a suppressor on a 5.56/223 AR, but if anything the 55 grain M193 bullet will be stabilized better from any twist rate barrel than heavier bullets.
If someone reported having problems with the load, I can only wonder what brand of ammunition it was.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
No issues with xm193 on a 10.5” or 14.5” and my Specwar 556. Even some full auto from time to time.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post