SIGforum
Wave washer with Ruger 22/45 Lite

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/6690015984

February 14, 2022, 12:40 PM
Bentonville
Wave washer with Ruger 22/45 Lite
Should I use wave washer when mounting my Obsidian on my Ruger .22 Mark IV 22/45 Lite?
February 14, 2022, 03:20 PM
DSgrouse
I don't. If the reason is to stop the suppressor from rotating off, then I go with an o-ring. If the reason is to have a washer between it and the can, I don't think you need it if the barrel has a shoulder.
February 14, 2022, 03:31 PM
Rustpot
The wave washer is for the thread protector.

Conventional wisdom for suppressors is to never use anything that can introduce misalignment between the threads - a washer with non-parallel faces or other devices that aren't manufactured with parallelism tolerances can allow you to tighten the can against an uneven surface which introduces the possibility of a baffle strike into the equation (if the bore and threads of the barrel are otherwise concentric).

If you have sufficient overbore and/or can verify concentricity of the assembly isn't negatively effected it can be used, but it's not recommended for the above reasons.
February 14, 2022, 07:10 PM
Bentonville
Thank you for the replies. No wave washer for me .
February 14, 2022, 07:19 PM
flesheatingvirus
Post a pic! I’m still waiting on the can approval for my 22/45. Frown

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --
February 15, 2022, 09:56 AM
SIGfourme
On a semi auto --you should check the suppressor to ensure that it is not becoming loose after a couple of mags. Just a good habit to get into for the newer shooters.

1) Need a set of welder gloves or fire gloves.
2) Anti seize for any threads in the suppressor.
February 16, 2022, 09:33 AM
oddball
quote:
Originally posted by Bentonville:
Thank you for the replies. No wave washer for me .

And for good measure, on page 30 in the Ruger MK IV 22/45 Lite instruction manual, it outlines this well- no washer. Just don't lose the damn thing- I once dropped it at the range and it bounced away and it took me a few minutes to find.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
February 17, 2022, 07:08 AM
Bentonville
I really appreciate the reference to the manual. Presently, I am living in a situation where I do not have access to all of my printed materials and books due to caring for a family member. I plan to enjoy this pistol and suppressor as soon as I can get away. I needed to know about the washer and you have come through with chapter and verse and others with reasoning based on experience. Thank you for taking the time to help .