SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Wave washer with Ruger 22/45 Lite
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wave washer with Ruger 22/45 Lite Login/Join 
posted
Should I use wave washer when mounting my Obsidian on my Ruger .22 Mark IV 22/45 Lite?

Posts: 75 | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't. If the reason is to stop the suppressor from rotating off, then I go with an o-ring. If the reason is to have a washer between it and the can, I don't think you need it if the barrel has a shoulder.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
The wave washer is for the thread protector.

Conventional wisdom for suppressors is to never use anything that can introduce misalignment between the threads - a washer with non-parallel faces or other devices that aren't manufactured with parallelism tolerances can allow you to tighten the can against an uneven surface which introduces the possibility of a baffle strike into the equation (if the bore and threads of the barrel are otherwise concentric).

If you have sufficient overbore and/or can verify concentricity of the assembly isn't negatively effected it can be used, but it's not recommended for the above reasons.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replies. No wave washer for me .

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Post a pic! I’m still waiting on the can approval for my 22/45. Frown

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
On a semi auto --you should check the suppressor to ensure that it is not becoming loose after a couple of mags. Just a good habit to get into for the newer shooters.

1) Need a set of welder gloves or fire gloves.
2) Anti seize for any threads in the suppressor.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bentonville:
Thank you for the replies. No wave washer for me .

And for good measure, on page 30 in the Ruger MK IV 22/45 Lite instruction manual, it outlines this well- no washer. Just don't lose the damn thing- I once dropped it at the range and it bounced away and it took me a few minutes to find.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really appreciate the reference to the manual. Presently, I am living in a situation where I do not have access to all of my printed materials and books due to caring for a family member. I plan to enjoy this pistol and suppressor as soon as I can get away. I needed to know about the washer and you have come through with chapter and verse and others with reasoning based on experience. Thank you for taking the time to help .