SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    LTC Question. Got my 1st Supressor 10 months to the day....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LTC Question. Got my 1st Supressor 10 months to the day.... Login/Join 
posted
YAY! I finally got my first Supressor a Silenerco Octane 45. It took 10 Months to the day. I bought it May 4th of last year.

My question is this, I have a Texas LTC and I know that if I have a Firearm in my vehicle I'm required to disclose this to an Officer during a Traffic stop etc. Am I also REQUIRED to ALSO disclose if I have my Supressor? I can't imagine why I would just have the Supressor with me and not a gun but if I did just have the Supressor in the car would I be REQUIRED to disclose this since it is legally classified as a firearm?

I have a copy of my Tax Stamp in my Vehicle, in my Wallet and in the Suppressor box too. Maybe overkill but rather safe than sorry - or am I just being too much like the parent of a 1st child? :-D

Thanks for any good advice, I just want to follow the laws as closely as possible to avoid any issues whatsoever.........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
To answer your question... No and definitively overkill. Think about going digital.

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Overkill.

I have photos of my stamps on my phone and small laminated copies on a ring in one of my range bag pockets.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
An ATF agent is the only person that you are "responsible" for your NFA items. Out of courtesy and respect , you may show your NFA stamps to LEO, Range officers but be careful how much info you share. Not many LEO understand the NFA regulations.
I keep all my suppressors in a pelican case, copies of all the stamps and my Trust behind the foam. Lockable and secure. Welcome to the club. Now you need rimfire...and

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post