SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Surefire Socom556-rc3 first look
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Surefire Socom556-rc3 first look Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
in a miracle of miracles this EF4 came back in record time. I won't have time to go grab it at my local crack dealer till next week, but will report as soon as I get it how it runs.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hot dog! Congratulations. I look forward to hearing about your impressions.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked it up today. I tried to arrange for my dealer for a time that I can have the whole indoor range and we can shut down the lights and see the flash. But he says he has been advised that I need to run 200 rds. through it would stabilize. I haven't seen that, but he is generally on top of these things. So I'll tackle that soon.

EDITED to add. I did just now dig through all the little slips of yellow paper included in the box and one of them says you need 100rd. through it for optimal flash performance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hrcjon,

posted Hide Post
hrcjon - have you shot the RC3 yet and if so can you please share your impressions, especially as to suppression and gas and as compared to the RC2?

I am interested in picking up a dedicated .223 suppressor and have been following closely the two Surefire threads and the "best" .223, and the Measure of a Mount, but not seeing a clear choice. I don't want to pay more than I have to but I am willing to pay what I have to for just one. I am taking a hard look at the Surefires. And the Otter Creek. And the YHM Turbo 3. And . . . .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kho,

Posts: 550 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
kho, have you seen the silencer summit they tested a lot of suppressors and a ton of info to check out.
It helped me decide on one.

https://thunderbeastarms.com/sound/summit2023/

Posts: 429 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
hrcjon - have you shot the RC3 yet

yes but not enough on enough different platforms to have a real review for you. Hopefully more time in the next weeks.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JasonATI:
kho, have you seen the silencer summit they tested a lot of suppressors and a ton of info to check out.
It helped me decide on one.

https://thunderbeastarms.com/sound/summit2023/

Thanks for the link. I had not seen this before. While much of the information is way over my head there was also much that is very useful.

Posts: 550 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sort by ML dbA and SE dbA. The way I understand it, that's the mil-standard metering location and at the shooter's ear. Those give a good at-a-glance impression.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that was one of the few parts I did understand and focused on. Once I googled the difference between dB and dBA. But yes a very good compilation for my purposes. Although it does not address gas blowback, which is my other priority, once I narrow down the suppressor list there are plenty of reviews etc out there that speak to that.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kho,

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Well, I have one on the way. Supposed to be at LGS mid week. They tell me that the wait is 3-5 days. Hopefully I’ll have a report soon to compare it to my time with a RC2.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post