SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Processing NFA Application
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Processing NFA Application Login/Join 
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted
At what point can you be reasonably certain your application has been checked for errors?

For example--I just called the NFA and my application has been received and my status is "pending"--is it possible to know if my application has been checked for errors yet?

I'm just curious at what point the application is checked. Do they do that first before entering you into the system? Do they do that last after your background check has been completed?

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
It gets checked when they either approve or deny it.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3578 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
It gets checked when they either approve or deny it.

OK thanks.

========================

NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating, sleeping and boinking. Everything else is just Filler.
Picture of terma-nator
posted Hide Post
It will be checked when the form gets to the examiners desk. When he looks it over, if there is a small error, or typo, they might contact you, or send it back for you to correct. If you send it back fast, they normally will approve it as soon as it is returned. They normally won't deny it, unless it is so wrong that a simple correction won't work.

I love it here!

My Gun collection:
Too many to list. Lets just say that the zombies should look elsewhere.

Posts: 1671 | Location: Back in the good 'ol U.S.A. (South Fla) | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terma-nator:
It will be checked when the form gets to the examiners desk. When he looks it over, if there is a small error, or typo, they might contact you, or send it back for you to correct. If you send it back fast, they normally will approve it as soon as it is returned. They normally won't deny it, unless it is so wrong that a simple correction won't work.

Good deal, thanks!

========================

NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
You need to just file and forget.
When it shows up it shows up.

It's like ordering from Palmetto State Armory.

ATF approved two of my suppressors in January and didn't mail them out till March. That was the worst wait for me. So I gave up and started filing and forgetting.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just buy a new toy every couple of months, so that your always getting anew stamp, and it's like Christmas every couple of months.

I have a customer that has 5 stamps processing for MG's he has bought through the last year. His suppressors are all done, so now he is looking at adding a couple of those again. He just picked up a Sten this weekend, and he'll hopefully be back in a couple months for his MK760.

Posts: 346 | Location: Detroit | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post