SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Steps for replacement of tax stamp and moving items across state lines.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Steps for replacement of tax stamp and moving items across state lines. Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Through all my moving I have lost my original tax stamp for one of my .223 suppressors.

Do I simply contact the ATF and give them a serial number and new mailing address?

I seem to remember there being a procedure for transporting Class 3 items across state lines as well.

Any links or direction is appreciated.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the replacement stamp process, but ATF Form 5320.20 is the one to send in for permanent (or temporary) address changes. Approvals are about as quick as eFile Form 1’s…about 30 days.

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Creeping_Death:
Not sure about the replacement stamp process, but ATF Form 5320.20 is the one to send in for permanent (or temporary) address changes. Approvals are about as quick as eFile Form 1’s…about 30 days.

Thank you.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I had to call the ATF a year ago or so due to having lost one of my stamps.
They had me fax them in a paper with the needed info.
Then a few weeks later they sent me a replacement stamp.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post