SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    22LR can recommendation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22LR can recommendation Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I have the Dead Air Mask and I think it’s great. I use it on my Ruger 22/45 lite and a Winchester Wildcat. They are very accurate with the Mask.The Mask is light and quiet. It’s easy to clean, as much as .22 ammo is easy to clean up after.

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the Dead Air Mask; I love mine, though I’ve only got a few hundred rounds through it. It’s great on my 22/45, 10/22 Takedown, and now on my Ruger American Rimfire Target. From behind the rifle, wearing ear pro (I was at a public range) I couldn’t even hear anything. My buddy at the firing point next to me said it was like a cap gun. With the 22/45 (and the 10/22) all I ever heard was the action operating.

Hopefully I never have any issues with it where I have to find out about Dead Air’s CS. But the Mask itself is wonderful.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
either of the above posts bother to read the thread? The OP bought a Rugged Occulus... Which in the context of DA being fubared on support is probably the next best thing.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Capitol Armory is selling the Rugged Oculus for $415. Silencer Shop is selling it for $399. Both have transfers available to your state of Missouri.
I would expect a "used" price to be $350.....
Still have to pay the $200 tax stamp thru any dealer.

Got it for 320. Has about 50 rounds through it.

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Well done Walker 77.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a CAT AlleyCat .22 coming in about 10 days I can give a review of. According to PewResearch it’s the best .22 can they’ve ever tested for performance numbers.

But I’m guessing to the average shooter it sounds about like a Mask or Oculus

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
Got it for 320. Has about 50 rounds through it.

That's a nice score on a practically new can.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ve got a CAT AlleyCat .22

The review on Pew looks like that is very quiet.
But I'd never heard of the brand and when I looked it seems that its support is in the deadair category of totally sucks. Is that true.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post