SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Anyone use Rearden Atlas, Q Plan B, YHM SRX, or similar mounts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use Rearden Atlas, Q Plan B, YHM SRX, or similar mounts? Login/Join 
posted
The thread/taper mounts are gaining traction, it seems. Q says they don't walk off. I like the small size and light weight of the whole package, but am wary of the lack of a latch mechanism. Does anyone use these in a tactical/duty application? What's your feedback?

Posts: 2156 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
The problem is more sticking/locking than coming loose.

Keep the taper surfaces clean. I'll clean the mount when the area about 1/8" forward of the taper begins to show carbon buildup. Some setups will foul quicky, try something else.

I keep a stick of loctite's copper anti seize in my range bag, and I'll apply it on the mount's taper if I'm swapping a warm can onto a cold gun or before extended range sessions on already dirty stuff. It's overkill and not really used often, but I'm using cherry bombs on some guns and it's a bit of a pain if you get one stuck. If you install with everything cold you'll have no issues.

I have Rearden, Forward Controls/Revival Defense, Q, and Quiet Bore muzzle devices. They all have their own little quirks of having sticky spots in the threads, and it can change as they're used. As long as they pass an alignment rod I haven't really worried about how bad a couple feel after I confirmed they weren't damaging the suppressor.

I haven't had any issues yet, but it's maybe 10 different muzzle devices on 4 different suppressors is all.

Oh, and hey. I think I lost your last email. Frown sorry about that.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post