SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Recommendations for PCC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for PCC Login/Join 
posted
Guys, I got a MPX in 9mm, 4.5” barrel. I already have a 30 cal direct thread suppressor, so I’ll be looking to pick up a pistol suppressor that can do light duty for a bolt action 223.

The MPX has a goofy thread pitch, so I have two questions
1) should I get an adapter to bring it to more of a standard threads pitch? I would want to attach with direct thread. Or should I get a different piston/insert for the suppressor to match the factory threads?

2) what cans should I be looking at? I like the Dead Air Wolfman but there are a lot of options.

Posts: 181 | Registered: September 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The MPX is a 13.5x1LH thread pitch. Yes it isn't 1/2x28 but the 13.5 isn't exactly unheard of. I have both with my Sig pistols being the 13.5x1LH pattern. Pretty much every suppressor manufacturer makes fittings for it. I would not waste my time buying a conversion piece.

I have heard many stories of people having trouble with Tri-lug adapters and the MPX so you may want to research that if you go that way.

There are many great suppressors on the market. I shot an MPX with a MODX-9 at the new experience center. It was a fantastic set up but I did get a decent amount of gas in my face.

I would suggest a youtube channel called NFA Review Channel. He does a ton of reviews on suppressors.

Sig Classic Line Armorer

Posts: 5 | Registered: November 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Just posted a review of the ModX-9 on an MPX here. P-Shooter's experience is similar.

A guy I shoot with has a Wolfman on his 16" MPX that he really likes for the versatility of threads. I don't think he's a fan of it on a pistol, though. Too heavy.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I 3-lug all of my PCCs, including my 16” MPX. That way I don’t have to mess with swapping things out for PCCs with different thread pitches. Agree with others that the Wolfman is a bit too large and heavy for using on a conventional pistol. My Wolfman is pretty much dedicated to PPCs. For regular pistols, I use an Osprey 9, or an Obsidian 45.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm with Dwill104. If its a PCC I put 3 lug on it. Everything else sucks. Not that you can't do it there are adapters and pistons to fit almost anything these days, but who wants the hassle of threaded attachment. 3 lug is so easy and simple.
I love the wolfman for what it is. But the Wolfman is a pretty big can for 9mm, many better options if you’re only going to run it on a pistol. However, for a PCC it is one of the best options. My only real complaint is its sealed. I don't think that there are a lot of other options that are substantially different in size/weight that will eat a diet of .223. But I'm not one to follow all the options available and certainly in this forum I've seen some options discussed that I didn't think existed.
Me personally on pistols (not PCC) I run the surefire. Its pretty good at that but its not rated for .223 nor is the Obsidian 9 which I also like a lot. My favorite of the "all around one one and done" choices for pistols and PCC's is the Obsidian 45, but again no .223.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10965 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a PCC; nor do I plan to get one. If I did, however, I'd likely get the SC Omega9K. That can has a very clean look, and is quite compact.

Posts: 2066 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an Omega 9K, but only use it on a SP5K-PDW. It’s short and light, but you pay for it in less suppression. It seems inferior to the Wolfman in short configuration, but I’m too lazy to reconfigure the Wolfman between short for the 5K and long for my other PCCs.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
only use it on a SP5K-PDW

That is exactly what a friend of mine does. He got an SP5, and then got the 9K for it.

Posts: 2066 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post