SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Who can make adjustments to a mount? or and adapter?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who can make adjustments to a mount? or and adapter? Login/Join 
posted
The gun is the new B&T GHM45. It's 3 lug muzzle device is just a tad to large for my Dead Air 3 lug mounts.

I have contacted dead air, b&t. There is a silencerco 3 lug mount specifically for the B&T ghm45.

I am unable to find any direct answers as to iff the Silencer co 3lug mount will fit the dead air can (probably a pipe dream). A couple of solutions have come to mind.

1) see if one of my dead air mounts can be adjusted to fit the b&t ghm45 3 lug muzzle device.

2) pick up a silencer co 3 lug mount, have an adapter made from the mount threads to a dead air can.

3) Have the GHM45 barrel threaded for 9/16-24. I have several 9/16-24 3 lug mounts that will pass 45 acp that do fit my dead air 3 lug mounts. This is my least favorite version, it also rely's on the b&t ghm45 barrel being able to be threaded 9/16-24 and safe to shoot.

Any thoughts would be greatly appriciated.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
When you say too large, are you referring to the mount being too long ??

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The barrell is to wide.

Dead air's response
quote:
We are working on a .45 3-lug but have no ETA of when it will be available. Great choice of subgun! I love all my B&T stuff! Stay tuned for product releases in the future.

Thanks,
Tasson Nique
Dead Air Silencers

quote:
Aaron,

I actually just spoke with Jeremy at B&T and he should be in contact with you soon. I am happy to help and hope we have this product for you asap! Have a great week!

B&T's response
quote:
Good morning Aaron,

I’ve reached out to Dead Air Armament in regards to their 3 lug mount and its compatibility with our .45 platform. The .45 barrel’s outside diameter is slightly larger than the 9mm barrel and I wanted to verify that their 3 lug adapter will fit on your GHM45. In regards to having the barrel threaded, this is possible but would void the warranty of your firearm. I’ll contact you as soon as I hear back from them with any updates, thank you for your patience!

Jeremy

quote:
Aaron,

I apologize, I’ve given you some inaccurate information, modifying your barrel would not void the warranty of the entire firearm, it would just void the warranty of the barrel. Any resulting damage from modification or use with a non-standard suppressor would not be covered under the warranty either. I wanted to clarify that information so there would be no confusion. I’m still waiting on Dead Air Armament to reach out to me, I appreciate your patience and will contact you with any updates.

Jeremy

Giving the complexity of matching this gun and mount. Not only am i very please with both companies timely response, i am happy to know they are working on the mount. Even better they are communicating not just with each other but with customers.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Wow that’s impressive from both companies.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
DS, I live in Va and am a full time machinist. I'm sending you an email.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1186 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
SilencerCo always has a Black Friday sale tomorrow with something like 30-40% off everything. If it were me I’d pick one of their adaptors up to try it out. Worst case scenario it doesn’t work and you’re out $20-30 after selling it at a discount.

I’m like you in that I don’t like the threading option.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post