SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Request information on updated Texas suppressor legislation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Request information on updated Texas suppressor legislation Login/Join 
Picture of CHLP290
posted
Are there any updates regarding the Texas legislation enabling Texas residents to purchase cans manufactured in Texas without requiring an ATF stamp?

US Army Veteran
Proud NRA Member
Sig P229 40 Cal.
Sig P290RS 9mm
Sig P320C 40 Cal
Sig P365 9mm
Sig 516G2 Patrol
Sig 716G2 DMR
Sig MCX Virtus 300 BO
Benelli M4 Tactical Shotgun
Savage Axis II XP 30-06

Posts: 92 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I guess most know that HB957 was passed and Abbott signed it. We probably all knew, too, that the ATF wouldn’t just let it ride without a fight. So it appears that the ATF has sent a letter to all FFL holder (details in the video) trying to head off our rights. This may be interesting to you guys. I know I’d like to here opinions from any SF members who have an FFL and got this letter.

Well I couldn’t find the Tubit link so here:

ATF vs Texas suppressor bill

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Here’s a screenshot of the email I got from ATF. I have no idea how this will shakedown.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6984 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I’m fairly certain we’ll see this go through the courts. I found it interesting that the video claimed the Supreme Court had already ruled concerning “taxes”. I believe he was referring to their ruling on the Obamacare tax for non-compliance. It wouldn’t hurt my feelings at all to see the NFA tax get ruled invalid. Talk about popping a few heads. The left will explode.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post