SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    What is your workhorse silencer?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is your workhorse silencer? Login/Join 
posted
What can do you use most? Either intentionally or just by chance.

Mine is the Gemtech HALO; early model.

I am more specifically curious about what owners of multiple silencers have noticed they gravitate toward most often. It may not be your favorite can, necessarily, but the one that just seems to end up on the muzzle more often than the rest.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KSGM,

Posts: 2085 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
YHM Resonator .30cal. I love the thing. Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19108 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
YHM 7.62 Phantom LTA

Solid can, I have six and this is my fav.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rifle: Griffen Armament Paladin
Handgun: AAC Tirant 45M
22: Mack Brothers Tango

100% happy with them, especially how they continue to do their job without getting cleaned as often as they should!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
When I finally get approved it will be my 30 cal Dead Air Nomad Titanium. I have the Xeno mount for it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
SureFire SOCOM556

Posts: 1453 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rugged Obsidian 45: It’s the only one I own simply because it’s so versatile that I don’t need another can for my shooting purposes (.45,9mm, .22).

Posts: 74 | Registered: April 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Digging the Surefire. I am keen on one of those for my next silencer. My LGS has a Mini.

That Phantom LTA has wicked front end.

I have revised the OP, to clarify the intent. GroundedCLK hit it on the head. He's got a few silencers, and that one is his favorite. That's more what I was after. But not even necessarily the favorite of an inventory, but the one that has seen a lot of use, and you still employ regularly. In my case, I have others I like quite a lot, and perhaps more, than the HALO, but that HALO ends up on a muzzle more often than the others.

Posts: 2085 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a can on rimfires the most, thus either a Liberty Regulator or Dead Air Mask. For CF rifle, my Silencerco Omega has been very versatile and effective for several cartridges.

Posts: 780 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My LGS has a Mini

just make sure your barrel length is OK for it. I made that mistake on the first one I bought.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
My LGS has a Mini

just make sure your barrel length is OK for it. I made that mistake on the first one I bought.

Did you damage it or was it just loud on your SBR?

Posts: 1453 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No to damage. combination of issues with surefire not giving much comfort on the real min. length and at some point its just worth adding another inch+ and a little weight to get better performance. Its really loud on very short barrels IMO.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Mini was built with 14.5" guns in mind. They don't sound great on a short gun. On the very short (10" and the like), the less common SOCOM 556-SB2 has a little more internal volume I believe and is intended to be optimized for those guns.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
DeadAir Sandman S. It swapps between a 10.3" 5.56 SBR and an 8" .300 AAC SBR.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SilencerCo Omega 36M. I primarily use it on my 11.5 inch Geissele upper, but it will see some .30-30 and .30-06 use before long.

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’m using my ancient AAC 762SDN6 on 5.56/300blk/6.5G.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7991 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I’m using my ancient AAC 762SDN6 on 5.56/300blk/6.5G.

The ol' SDN6 continues to serve me as well; primarily on a SIG SG553R. I wish that can was shorter sometimes though.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
No to damage. combination of issues with surefire not giving much comfort on the real min. length and at some point its just worth adding another inch+ and a little weight to get better performance. Its really loud on very short barrels IMO.

I would use it on short barrels, if I did get one. I understand and accept the characteristics you describe here. There's no sense in me getting a full-size SF can, as I already have multiple silencers that fill that role. Something ultra compact would fill a gap in my arsenal. I use ear-pro when shooting recreationally with silencers anyway, and anything is better than nothing, in that real-world event. So, in my mind, something that retains the most compactness of a short gun, while taking the edge off enough to save you from major damage if shooting without ears, is something worth considering. Only if you have other bases covered already though, I reckon.

posted Hide Post
DeadAir Sandman K

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A JK Armament SBR in .223 at the moment until I get my YHM Turbo and Resonator out of jail. JKs aren't cheap but a quick and good Form 1 option.

Posts: 2 | Registered: February 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post