SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Recommended cans for a Sig MCX Virtus 300 BO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommended cans for a Sig MCX Virtus 300 BO Login/Join 
Picture of CHLP290
posted
Requesting recommendations from the group regarding cans for a Sig MCX Virtus 300 BO.

US Army Veteran
Proud NRA Member
Sig P229 40 Cal.
Sig P290RS 9mm
Sig P320C 40 Cal
Sig P365 9mm
Sig 516G2 Patrol
Sig 716G2 DMR
Sig MCX Virtus 300 BO
Benelli M4 Tactical Shotgun
Savage Axis II XP 30-06

Posts: 92 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I've currently got a SIG SRD762QD on mine.

That's a stopgap until I get a Dead Air Nomad titanium as a dedicated unit.

It's pretty front heavy with the SRD762 on there, so I definitely want the major weight savings of the Nomad Ti.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
SilencerCo Omega 9k
No contest.
Rated for .300blk subs or supers.
Lightest weight can out there.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1522 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
The Q direct thread cans and mounts for the QD cans are setup with a matching taper to the Sig barrel. I'm quite pleased with my Trash Panda.

But getting any suppressor depends a lot on your personal needs. Even if you're buying a suppressor dedicated to a gun you're going to want to optimize toward something, or have an objective in mind. A long, fat can is going to be quietest. A short can is going to be handier for moving. A rifle can will typically last longer (typ. if heavier), especially under heavy firing schedules, and can be used on larger calibers, which is great if you have other rifles to suppress. A pistol can rated for 300 would be great if you also need a pistol can for a 9mm handgun.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of George from Alaska
posted Hide Post
Blackout is one of the easiest calibers to suppress effectively and I'm assuming you are going to be shooting a lot of subs since that's what Black excels at for short ranges. I have access to 57 suppressors on our books for testing and demonstration purposes and even the shorter .30 cal cans do very well on Blackout. For subs, many pistol cans are more than enough also. On any given day I will use a Griffin Optimus, an older Gemtech Quicksand titanium unit and a DA Ghost with a 3-lug adapter.From 16 yards away they are all very, very quiet with subs.

P220 European
P220 Scorpion
P220 10mm Legion
MK25
P226 Legion
P226 SAO Legion
P229 Legion
556 rifle, my favorite 556
P320 M17 (not the expensive
one) with Leupold DPP
P227 Tac-ops
machineguns
suppressors
07/02

Posts: 76 | Registered: August 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Rustpot's idea of a direct-thread. It's a gun that was more-or-less made to utilize a silencer, and DT can save you some length and weight. Also depends how deep into silencers you are at this point. I understand why someone who only has one would want to get something more versatile but, if you've got some already, maybe consider DT. I know I have grown to appreciate the simplicity of the dedicated setup.

Posts: 2066 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
^^ What he said.

The Virtus w/the SRD762QD is just barely longer than my 11.5" LMT without a suppressor.

The 300 BLK Virtus begs for a direct thread can dedicated to it for weight and length savings. Leave the can on that rifle and sleeve the longer suppressor-ready handguards over it (either OEM or the Midwest unit).

With a direct thread suppressor, the package will be the same length as an unsuppressed SBR.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Omega 9k and the Omega 300
The 9k stays on my 300 pistol. Supers are hearing safe and subs are quiet. A dedicated can direct threaded is the way to go. Keep in mind that if you move a can from host to host you will probably needs to re-zero .

Posts: 152 | Location: DFW | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
YHM Resonator K. There are several video's of it being used on that round. It is a great set up and a great value imho. I have the full size Resonator (love it) and have a K in process. Ymmv

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19089 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I'm running the Sig 338tiQD just because I have it. It's a bit large but, I have it, it's light and it shares mounts with other rifles. Boy howdy is it quiet with sub's.

Posts: 818 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have any interest in possibly suppressing 9mm down the road, I would suggest Dead Air's Wolfman.

I spent quite a bit of time with a couple of knowledgeable salesmen at my LGS, and the Wolfman was their number 1 suggestion. If you are not interested in suppressing 9mm, then the Dead Air Nomad was their next suggestion.

Able to be used with supersonic ammo in combination with an approved muzzle device, including 556.

It is a two piece suppressor, allowing you to run a shorter version if weight and mobility are higher priorities than suppression. Also comes with a tool for installing wipes if that is something you are interested in.

One thing to keep in mind is that some suppressors are only recommended for a certain barrel length. I didn't see which version you have, but when looking at different suppressors, I would suggest confirming if there are any restrictions by checking the manufacturer's information.

The other suggestion is to try to decide what it is you are wanting from your suppressor. Are you going to be using it to hunt, and you want the lightest weight possible? Or are you needing something for pest control and you are needing it to be as quiet as possible? Or are you wanting something that is versatile with a lot of features?

Posts: 247 | Location: Utah | Registered: June 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I have the Sig SRD762QD in my Rattler and really like it.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post