SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Anyone using one of Breek Arms hub mounting systems?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Anyone using one of Breek Arms hub mounting systems? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
My dealer sells and seems to be a pretty good setup. As I am looking for a way to get things more standardized. I am kind of set up on yhm on their ecosystem for a couple units. But looking to move to something more universal moving forward. Thanks guys.



"Practice like you want to play in the game"
 
Posts: 21938 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
If "more universal" means more prolific, then it seems that the "Plan B" is the way to go. It seems to be the most favored non-proprietary QD option, and the sentiment has been expressed numerous times on this forum by people who make statements from a very informed position.

The Breek system is likely just fine. There are no shortage of fine ways to attach a silencer to a gun. It's not an interface I have seen many folks talk about and advocate though, which may indicate that it is not "universal".
 
Posts: 3208 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
My general advice is if you change out of whatever mount came with your first suppressor, go straight to Plan B. I see Breek Arms makes Plan B mounts that would be the way to go. You might also look at Rearden or Comstock Armory, they have excellent reputations and there's another 20 companies making mounts and muzzle devices for the Plan B system.

If you are a regular SIGforum NFA guy like you and me, we buy a YHM suppressor, one from SilencerCo, and one from Otter Creek and have both 5.56 and .300 calibers. If we want to mount the .300 caliber suppressor to fit on everything, Plan B mounts and muzzle devices are the easy button.

I looked at the Breek Arms website and saw Breek Lok QD, I'd never heard of it. It might have a great lockup and work really well, but frankly I would run the other way from it. There are a dozen proprietary mounting systems, and the reason they have traction is, the old suppressor companies gave them away with their suppressors. Surefire, SilencerCo, Griffin has 2, Dead Air now has 2 systems, YHM now has 2 different mounts, etc, etc. Using SilencerCo as an example, they gave me their ASR mount with my first suppressor, now I'm in their eco system and I'm sure they hope they got me locked in and I will buy a 2nd, and 3rd suppressor from them and keep it all in the family. It's not a bad business plan, and it did actually work, till my 4th and I jumped ship. If their mount fails and sends the can flying down range, I do get a benefit, it's all under one roof and would help with a warranty claim. I don't see any benefit to getting locked into Breek Arms proprietary mount system, you don't get a warranty on your suppressors from them.

The universal answer right now is Plan B. You can now walk into any store that sells suppressors and find parts for Plan B. I do see some benefits to the open source 1x16 Acme Left Hand thread system, but it's a distant 2nd to Plan B in popularity and options.




"The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei
 
Posts: 2465 | Location: Texan on the north side of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ibanda. So Breek has plan b right? So I buy their muzzle devices but I also need the piece you do not like to make it work across suppressors. Don't all plan B companies have the same pieces to make it work?

edit: I see just the hub1 adpt. vs the rachet M lok system.
The Breek muzzle devices are around $55 so a plus.
Haven't checked others though.

Thanks Smudge.



"Practice like you want to play in the game"
 
Posts: 21938 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I have several Breek brakes and mounts. They are good to go. In the price range also is KAK Industry and Kaw Valley Precision. I have muzzle devices and mounts from all three. Buy with confidence based on availability and your needs/budget.

But yes, Plan B all the things. It’s a universal format thing, Plan B from Brand X works with Plan B from Brand Y. That’s part of the draw.


______________________________________________
"If the truth shall kill them, let them die.”

Endeavoring to master the subtle art of the grapefruit spoon.
 
Posts: 19281 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Yes it is a 2 part system,Plan B mount for each suppressor.

Then you would need a Plan B flash hider or a muzzle brake to attach to the threaded barrel of each rifle. Note, most .300 caliber rifles have a barrel thread of 5/8 x 24. Most .223 rifles have a barrel thread of 1/2 x 28. Muzzle brakes are often one extra installation step if you have to use shims to time them (get the holes lined up where you want them).

Once you get a Plan B muzzle devices on your rifles, you could take a Polonium 30 with a Plan B mount and move it from a .30 cal rifle to another .30 cal rifle or .223 cal rifle in 30 seconds. Get a welding glove or $5 silicon curling iron pouch if you ever want to swap suppressors when they are hot.




"The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei
 
Posts: 2465 | Location: Texan on the north side of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I converted my YHM Resonator K using the Breek Plan B Hub mount.
https://breekarms.com/products...sal-suppressor-mount

Excellent choice! Cut about 1” off the total length of the can. The muzzle devices are way smaller.

Only thing that hurts is I have like 10 YHM muzzle devices. So that’s what like $700 bucks.
Eventually I’ll get a 5.56 can and use it on all my ARs.

The Resonator K will go back to stock form and be used on just the .30cal bolt guns.


————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!
 
Posts: 26955 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Anyone using one of Breek Arms hub mounting systems?

© SIGforum 2026