SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Rexsilentium
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rexsilentium Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted
I have been thinking about grabbing a MG7k for my CZ scorpion. I was going to grab a YHM R9 but never can snag one before they sell out.

I like the warranty on the Rex for sure, it’s like Dillon no bs warranty. But I have no idea how they sound.

Thoughts?

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you'll find most suppressor companies have a warranty like that. The things just are not that complicated and therefore not that expensive. I have a couple Rex cans in my shop right now waiting on Form 4s to come through. They look well made. You have to like the unfinished look (or have access to somebody who can finish them).

I like that they are essentially modular and you can specify the number of baffles when you order.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have several that are coming up on a year, waiting on paperwork. Can't comment on those until they're released, of course, but reviews are good.

I don't know about ordering a number of baffles, but a couple of suppressors that I ordered are segmented, and they can be made up with as many segments as one wants to keep or remove. Segments are an inch or so long, one baffle per segment.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen and handled two REX Silentium suppressors. My takeaway was they have an industrial look to them. They appear to be well built and will probably be very durable, but their finish is not as well done as most other manufacturers.
I was able to shoot one of the two that I saw. It was the MG X model. This one was ordered with five baffles. I shot it on an AR15 and a .308 bolt gun. It did a good job suppressing the noise. There was little or no point of impact change.
For the price I think it is a good choice.

Posts: 118 | Location: KDTO...NTX | Registered: October 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information guys!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of svthuh
posted Hide Post
I have also heard good things about the Rex stuff. Good luck with it.

Sigs, Berettas, Glocks and more

Posts: 353 | Location: LostInDaWoods, ID | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post