SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Recommend a ready to go out of the box - 9mm host
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend a ready to go out of the box - 9mm host Login/Join 
Picture of ACTEG
posted
Hey guys, my first suppressor should be out of jail soon based on the wait times others have posted here. I still don't have a pistol host yet. Instead of doing a bunch of research, I was hoping to find something suppressor ready (threaded barrel, taller sights) out of the box.

Right now I am leaning towards a Glock 19 TB, but was curious what others recommend.

Posts: 3584 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I’ve read many good reports of the CZ Suppressor Ready models. Those or a USP would both be good choices.

All that said having shot one gun with suppressor heights sights I won’t be installing any on my pistols. I’ve made it this far shooting through the can. The tall sights are more of an annoyance (to me) than any real help.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
2 of the best...

HK USP or Sig 226

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When the will is strong, everything is easy
Picture of celticwolf
posted Hide Post
There is a good one I handled at SHOT. I cannot tell you what model or brand due to a nda. It is scheduled to launch in August.

For now just get a P320 with threaded barrel.

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of
avoiding reality." Ayn Rand

Posts: 2125 | Location: AZ | Registered: April 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with a 19. As mentioned HK and Sig make several options too.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Anyone else have comments about using the taller sights? I've never used them.

Posts: 3584 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as sights, meh. My 226 Elite Dark has the factory raised sights (no issues on mine), even with an Osprey 9 the raised sights barely clear the can. If I were to put my Octane 9 or 45 on it I doubt the sights would clear. In short, don’t let the sights be a deciding factor.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've learned to just aim through the can. Also if you get raised sights you will need to make sure any holster you get accommodates the raised sights.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have threaded barrels for my G19, G17, and P228. No issues with any of those with my Octane 45. For the glocks, I just bought Silencerco threaded barrels. I too have just learned to just aim through the can so no need for taller sights.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
For 9mm, I've shot the G19, P226, P229, 90-TWO, PPQ-Navy, and USPc all suppressed. I think the Beretta and PPQ were probably my favorite. i think they all can come with factory threaded barrel models except the USP compact.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Picked both up today.

It only comes with two 17 round magazines. I bought six spare mags at the same time so I could have five per gun.

The suppressor height sights seem decent. The front is outlined in orange.

Will test fire tomorrow night when I return to work.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
SIG P320 Carry TACOPS 9mm - threaded barrel, suppressor height night sights, four 21 round magazines incl.:

Posts: 3992 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
man, that TACOPS is making me weak in the knees.

Posts: 26 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: March 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bought a 239 magazine for $10, got banned for free.
posted Hide Post
Me too.

Posts: 279 | Location: West TN | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen the worst performance overall with Glocks. Not that they don't run, but the ejection is erratic and weak. I've seen some to frequently not return all the way to battery depending on the ammunition, suppressor, and barrel used.

I have seen total reliability from P320 and P226 hosts, however, including solid ejection.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
The quietest setup I own is a HKUSPF with an Octane. Stupid quiet. Sigs suppress well. My Glocks are on the lower tier as far as suppress-ability goes for some reason.

You can't beat a Browning Buckmark or Ruger Mark X with a SiCo Specter II if you are interested in rimfire in the future.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Baretta M9A3. I don’t know why, but Barettas sound great with a can.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
I enjoy my G19 suppressed. The P226 is nice as well.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta is currently selling a M9a1 that is suppressor ready, sights and all.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Baretta M9A3. I don’t know why, but Barettas sound great with a can.

Yours doesn't throw hot gas and burning propellant particles back into your face with a suppressor on it?

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post