SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    What are the options for suppressing a swiss SG550/551 in USA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are the options for suppressing a swiss SG550/551 in USA Login/Join 
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by krieg:
Do you mean silencers that can mount on the sg550 specifically? B&T has been making stateside silencers for a little while now haven't they.

I think they have started to release some of their handgun suppressors this year. I haven't seen any rifle suppressors released yet so my 550 will have to embrace the noise...

Posts: 7264 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
from B&T USA

"We are going to be offering the 5.56/7.62 RBS Suppressors for the SIG55X platforms this year. We will have the NATO flash hider and the locking collar version available.

Best regards,

B&T USA"

well, I'll definitely get one for my 550. is there any point to running subsonic 556 or is it best to just use standard loads.

Posts: 17 | Registered: October 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by krieg:
from B&T USA

"We are going to be offering the 5.56/7.62 RBS Suppressors for the SIG55X platforms this year. We will have the NATO flash hider and the locking collar version available.

Best regards,

B&T USA"

well, I'll definitely get one for my 550. is there any point to running subsonic 556 or is it best to just use standard loads.
I'm in B&T!

Posts: 7264 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Based on my B&T APC45 suppressor, that's a hard pass from me. way too much $$ and nowhere near hearing safe and 100% of 45acp are subs lol

Posts: 2569 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have an APC45 with the trilug what possible other options are there PGT?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 9865 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
TiRant-45 with an adapter. A friend own's a shop that makes custom stuff and he did a small run of them and I grabbed one.

I mean...it would be better if he could do the same for a current production gun but the TiRant is SO much quieter than the B&T can. It's got me wanting to hear any future B&T cans before buying one (another friend has a B&T MP5-SD can and it's loud AF too).

Posts: 2569 | Location: Leesburg VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post