SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    Colt Pre-Woodsman with Maxim Suppressor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt Pre-Woodsman with Maxim Suppressor Login/Join 
posted
The shop I work for acquired this yesterday. I got no chance for pics as we got it quite late, but will attempt to post next week. Needless to say, it was awesome cool.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it a stamped and tranferable can?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, transferable. They were prepping it to list for resale. I'll know more Monday. All looked original except for a cheesy photocopy of an article describing the can.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In ct there were a few that had never been stamped. Which kinda made them no-nos

Which is why I asked.

A while back I ran across a fairly informal Decibel video between one of the maxim 22lr, and modern 22lr cans.

They were pretty close. The biggest issue was not really being able to clean them effectively.

Super cool, what is the attachment type?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neat.
USFA once showed prototypes of a repro Colt .22 and repro Maxim Silencer outfit. Never got it into production, though.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is an actual pre-Woodsman, but the suppressor is factory and faux. It's pretty easy to tell on closer inspection. The actual Maxim had an offset "barrel," to maintain the clean profile. This does not, but sold this morning for about 2k. We're also searching for a Maxim suppressor for the customer.